Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
Hey larry - I have an order w/ you for both your 30 rounder in the stainless and some 20 rounders in the standard finish.  I am going to see the quality first hand, then buy in bulk.

My questons is on the new curved 20's - they look like they use the same dies as the 30's but are cut shorter.  I have a Bushmaster 30 rounder with the grey teflon - to me this is the best mag for the money - the welds on the back splin are good - and where they need to be.  They are no more than a quarter inch from the ends (top and bottom)

On my D & H 20 rounders - made by as I understand it.  The welds are not as close to the ends as they are on 30 rounders, and I would say that the bottom weld is more like a inch away from the end.

What is your take, do you do any thing different on your 20 rounders.

I am looking foward to your reply, and to getting your mags.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hijack the thread .................  BUT should you not be fishing the creeks right about now???

Slug-O-Matic
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Slug-o, do you know somthing that I do not?  Are the red running?  If so let me know and we will go.

Later,

Badredfish

P.S. - where do you shoot - are you shooting on the St. Johns Sheriff Office Range?  You still working that gun store on 210?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On my D & H 20 rounders - made by as I understand it.  The welds are not as close to the ends as they are on 30 rounders, and I would say that the bottom weld is more like a inch away from the end.

My CP 20's have a weld just about the floor plate on the front and rear of the mag.  I've had no problems with these and have more some on the way now...

TS
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry to hijack the thread .................  BUT should you not be fishing the creeks right about now???

Slug-O-Matic

I will get with you after TPC this week. Its going crazy here at work!!

Slug-O
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Badredfish,
Call me if the reds are running! If I can get out of the office I'll join you.

Our 20 round magazines are run on a separate tool, as a matter of fact we just built a new die with no secondary operations. It will be running the end of next week.
We have a separate fixture to weld the 20's so that the welds are uniform. I don't know the setup at D&H.
Thanks for the order. Let me know what you think. Call if you want to 866 274-0247.

Larry
C Products

Hey Larry, sounds like that you just might be building the best 20 rounder on the market then,  Will my order that I placed w/ you last week be of the same quality as your new ones?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not a straight 20 rd mag? I have to admit I love my colt straight 20's at the range.

Any chance of some of them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't understand why. But thats life thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I am very partial to the old 20 rounders.  I have a stash of them, and buy more every chance that I get (I currently have five of them on the way).

To shoot XTC - you only need three - one for the two rounds, one for the eight rounds, and one for the single shoot follower.

I love being able to buy new mags for less than 10 bucks these days.  back durning the ban I was buying NIW 30's for 25 bucks each.

I will put on the EE my preban mags for the guys in NY - would do just the 30's and hang on to my O'Kay - they are my fav brand.

I am lookinng forward to seeing what the Cproducts mags look like and how they preform.

Later,

Badredfish

and since we are talking fishing - my first love is chaseing Kingfish - God I love it - esp fishing in the Greater Jacksonville King Tourment (it has a 1000 boats in it).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I can't understand why. But thats life thanks for the response.

I believe the reason most people want the curved as opposed to the straight is because the curved take the same follower regardless of being 20rnd or 30rnd and with the magpul followers out now(which are very nice, but I never had problems with the old usgi black ones either)...the majority rules, and you either pay 12 bucks for a curved one or something like 35.00 for an old colt straight guy. Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top