Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:25:21 PM EDT
Just pulled the trigger on a beta with clear back for the fun/cool factor.  I remember hearing/reading that the trick to keep these running is using plenty of the dry lube when loading.  

Is this true?....and what other tricks are there that have been figured out by the esteemed ARFCOM members for using, loading and maintaining these things?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't drop it!!!!  Or you'll be the proud owner of  a 200$ shattered dream.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Clear backs are actually a benefit in terms of reliability. You can see if a round isn't properly "staggered". Look as you're loading them to see that they "peel" off toward each drum evenly and uniformly. If they don't, unload that section then reload.

Very fun. In my experience, if they jam, they only jam themselves, not the weapon. Drop (not) and continue with another or a standard mag.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
dry lube in this case is graphite.
use it liberally about every other loading.
I have used mine about 9 times so far (at the range, not low crawling) with no issues to report.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have used mine about 9 times so far (at the range, not low crawling) with no issues to report.

Same case with me, but mine is the black/thermo type. I remember the week I got it, I went out in the woods and ripped of 65 rounds so fast I could not believe it. Plus the barrel was smoking hot, so I stopped, got home and removed the 35 left. No damage to the bushy barrel at all, past 65 + rapid fire I would not do.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same case with me, but mine is the black/thermo type. I remember the week I got it, I went out in the woods and ripped of 65 rounds so fast I could not believe it. Plus the barrel was smoking hot, so I stopped, got home and removed the 35 left. No damage to the bushy barrel at all, past 65 + rapid fire I would not do.

You mean like this:

home.earthlink.net/~q3131/data/

Do a save as on file: betadump.mov

This will require quicktime.

ETA: Just a little squirt of the graphite powder after evey other use.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't drop it!!!!  Or you'll be the proud owner of  a 200$ shattered dream.  

So, send it back to Beta. They will fix it.

www.betaco.com
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this:

What do you mean by "a squirt"? where do you dump the lube? just dump it over the follower or what? or do you crack it open and lube it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this:

What do you mean by "a squirt"? where do you dump the lube? just dump it over the follower or what? or do you crack it open and lube it?

Just a squirt over the linkages. That's it. No need to take it apart. No solvent. Just a squirt.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I was looking at the Beta site and they showed an M249 with a beta, but it mounts 45* from the bottom.  I would think that would be uncomfortable and awkward to carry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#10]
with the dems likely to take over one or both houses, I might have to break down and buy one of these.  I was hoping the price would come down but they havent.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two BetaC's and the best trick with them is doing a full-auto dump
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Just curious as to which weapon you are dumping.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top