Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:02:03 PM EDT
Can you have a post ban AR 15 but use a 30rd mag pre1994 legally?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It is legal on the federal level, but in NJ it may or may not be. You should ask in the hometown.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived in NJ most of my life and you can not have anything over 15rds no matter when it was made but almost any where else the answer would be yes
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.I juat wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, NJ sucks. I have family there and the current situation under Govenor Carzinne (SP?) make it illegal to own, sell, trade, transport, or destroy any magazine with a capacity of 15 rounds. Effectively you are screwed if you have one. You, technically, could not bring it to the police to get rid of it.  At some point the law will be challenged and redone. Of course, it will probably be reinstated without the clause to destroy/dispose of them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Chainsaw, how could that be legal? Wouldn't they have to compensate people?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Move to a free state.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The solution is not to have people move from their home towns; it's to vote out those anti-gun assholes!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Chainsaw, how could that be legal? Wouldn't they have to compensate people?

IL is trying to do the same thing with semi-autos.  No pre-ban,  no compensation.  Destroy em or leave.

Blag is evil!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I would personally tell all the politicians that voted for that garbage to kiss my nuts as I left the state.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would personally tell all the politicians that voted for that garbage to kiss my nuts as I left the state.

that's exactly what I did and the main reason for leaving NJ.  It's amazing when you move to a free state and realize how much of a Police state NJ really is.  NJ just gets worse and worse year after year and it's not just limited to stupid gun laws but all kinds of laws.  It truly is a Police state
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I never liked NJ. Visited there and I don't want to go back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
At some point the law will be challenged and redone. Of course, it will probably be reinstated without the clause to destroy/dispose of them.

Not anytime soon. Corzine and Lautenberg spearheaded the SAW ban, Corzine's new budget proposal spotlights funding for ceasefire NJ.

as far as voting them out. democrats run this state. they are even ingrained into the state's colleges and universities. rutgers is a big supporter of ceasefire nj, NJIT uses tax payer money for smart gun research. since even educational institutions are brainwashing the youth into being anti-gun, nothing in NJ is ever going to change.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top