Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:57:59 AM EDT
Well, that's the question.  is there a difference between the orange and grey magpul followers other than color?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
just the color.
I like the orange
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.  One vendor was showing mags with orange followers as being out of stock but the grey was showing in stock.  I don't really care one way or the other but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else that I wasn't aware of.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got some gray in because orange was out of stock (I wanted the orange).

The grays are just fine.  I don't see them half the time since all of my 5(!) mags are filled.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep - Exact same thing. I just use the orange for range mags, grey for reserves...
Makes me feel special, like I have a secret decoder ring...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have some of the grey followers and they look rather bland in my well worn mags.  So I just ordered some orange one on March 10 and I am waiting for them to arrive.   Wanted a little bling for my mags.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm............seems like orange is preferred.  I've got a bunch of orange heading my way, was thinking about putting a dozen up for trade for grey.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Grey.
The uber-tactical part of me just can't bring myself to bring anything orange near my weapon.
Just put 24 on my mags this afternoon and they work great.
Unfortunately, they won't work on my singapore steel AR mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I still like green followers...cause they remind me when it's time for tea

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased 10 or so gray, but I'd much preferred the orange.

Reason being:

Does orange stick out more than gray?

Answer:  Yes, they do.

Is that tactical?

Not overly....

So why get orange followers? (One might ask)

Answer:

They are easily identifiable as empty & they are easy to find on the range when they are empty.

But won't other's, even the "enemy", spot your orange followers easier? (Again, one might ask)

Answer:  Yes.

But if my magazines are empty, the 30 rather loud reports from my AR, is probably more of a clue that my rifle is doing my speaking, rather than the off chance of someone spotting an empty magazine w/ an orange follower.

DISCLAIMER:  The above is just the discussion that Sly has had within his own head and is only displayed here for "discussion" purposes only.  It should be self evident, Sly currently only has gray MP followers in his magazines and is looking forward to acquiring Burnt Orange MP followers for his AR magazines....

Hope that helps.

Sly

(AKA:  Really rather would have burnt ornange MP follers than gray)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Safety orange or red-orange?  Orange color thread

TS
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to use the orange followers in my AR18 converted mags along with black magpul L plates to keep them more easily seperated at the range from the other AR15 mags.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top