Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:27:07 PM EDT
Is there any difference between the D&H black teflon and their gray teflon other than color?  The ad copy for the 30 rounders on 44mag.com reads a little differently and seems to imply the black teflon is preferred.  They have 20 rounders in both black and gray but the black is marked LE.  I know I can legally own and possess these but I'd rather avoid possible conflicts with a less knowledgable cop, unless the black is really better in some way.  I need a few 20s and 30s but I'm just trying to decide which way to go.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My D&H black teflon mags don't have LE anywhere on them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently contacted 44mag about this very thing.  They said all the D&H 20 rounders were marked.  The CProduct 20 rnd mags were recommended for unmarked.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recently contacted 44mag about this very thing.  They said all the D&H 20 rounders were marked.  The CProduct 20 rnd mags were recommended for unmarked.

Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks for the info on that issue.  I'll have to decide about the 20 rnd mags, but ...

can anyone answer my question about the difference, if any, between the gray and black teflon?  I still need to decide on the 30 rnders.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
There generally is no difference.  A couple of people got a bad batch of black ones.  I ordered around the same time as them (I believe) and mine are okay.  Black D&H are black, Grey D&H are grey functionally they are the same...

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both D&H grey and black teflon mags that I bought from DSG Arms and they are exactly the same except for color.

Here's a thread with a poll about the colors and some pictures in there too.

D&H Teflon Gray vs. Black (poll added) thread link
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one D&H black teflon mag and one Gray teflon mag, both are made exactly the same but the gray teflon seems to have a little bit more  shinier/smoother finish than the black.  The Black one is smooth but nearly as much as the gray one.  I  Don't know if they are all that way or if I just rececived a black one with a little less teflon on it
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top