Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:59:25 AM EDT
And did I hear something about date coding?  What does that mean?  I just got 2 in from Cal's Sporting Armory.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  Man these are nice mags!  I am looking forward to getting some D&H Teflon Mags from 44Mag though...  But I would like the info on these HK mags...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm fairly certain the main difference is that the Generation II mags will have a cylindrical chunk of rubber at the floor plate on the rear of the magazine spine.  IIRC, and I should because I have 10 at home, the rubber is held captive on the floor plate.  Anyway, it is basically wedged between the floor plate & the magazine body so as to keep the floor plate from slipping backwards, or coming unhinged, and dumping the spring, follower and any ammo that is in the magazine.  Before HK added the rubber piece, there was nothing keeping the floor plate from slipping backwards if dropped.

The date code consists of two letters stamped on the magazine where the magazine catch engages the magazine.

I hope my recollection was correct and or nearly accurate, I don't use the HKs as they're heavier & I have dozens of standard USGI mags which have yet to fail me.  But I'm in agreement, the HK mags are super nice.

Sly
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Rubber Plug - Check
Date Code - 'AF' - Check - Anyone know what date that refers to?

Yeah, I like em, but they won't replace my USGI aluminum mags - I just wanted to see what all the hullabaloo was about.  I was surprised at how heavy these things are!  But they are nice!  Sale at Cal's for anyone who's interested.  44.60 w/o shipping.  Normally 50+-

Sly, thanks much for the info!
Don
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I believe its like a lot number or a variation number....

TS
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe its like a lot number or a variation number....

TS

It's the year it was manufactured

HK Firearms Proofed Date Code
A B C D E F G H I K
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The AE date symbol could* indicate manufacture in 04'.  See this link. www.hkpro.com/symbols.htm  I say "could*" because the date codes AFAIK really are only striclty adhered to for proofed products, not necessarily magazines.  I am not an HK fanatic and I've only been on HKpro about 2 times.  So consider this discussion material, moreso than fact.

Are yours the "Maritime" mags w/ the black follower or the other version w/ the silver?  I have a couple-3 w/ the black and the balance are chromed followers.

Sly
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Maritime mags with the black followers.  Here is the link:

HK Mags

The bags that they came in were labled SA 80 not HK 416, but I don't suppose that it makes any difference.
I haven't loaded them up yet, but the followers go down smooth as silk as far as my fingers can push them, no tilt at all, If money were no object, I would load out with these mags, but alas money is an object right now so two will do me.
Don
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
there is a person selling in the EE right now for $40 each.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top