Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:29:00 PM EDT
Ok, I have a little time to kill this afternoon, so I go in this gun store.  Look at a few AR-10's

I did want to buy somthing - so I asked if they had any Bushmaster AR mags?  The guy replied let me see, and handed me on HK mag for some 50+ bucks and a Bushmaster mag for 25 and change.

I felt like that 25 was too much for the Bushmaster mag, so I offored 20 dollars and was turned down. WOW

I guess that I spend too much time here to spend that much money on a mag.

I will get off of my soap box,

Rant off.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
20 was too much when you can get D&H for 9 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, my local dealer sells them for $21 and change and won't budge a bit.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, my local dealer sells them for $21 and change and won't budge a bit.

WIZZO

same here, i think ill pass on that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I did want to buy somthing - so I asked if they had any Bushmaster AR mags?  The guy replied let me see, and handed me on HK mag for some 50+ bucks and a Bushmaster mag for 25 and change.

See if he'll buy the ones you've purchased here for $15.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, $20 is too much especially when there's so many deals right hear on EE!

Not too long ago I saw some used USGI mags for $24.99 at some gun store...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe print out 44mag's ad, and show him that he'd better get with the program if he wants to sell any new mags. I know he's got more overhead than a mail order place, but $20 is an ass-raping for a non-preban mag. Maybe if it's a preban in a ban state, but otherwise it's just plain old stupid.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]
My local range has Colt 30rd mags for $25.  I have bought all my D&H mags from 44mag for $10 a piece.  Do Colt 30rd mags bring a small premium as the 20rd mags do?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My local range has Colt 30rd mags for $25.  I have bought all my D&H mags from 44mag for $10 a piece.  Do Colt 30rd mags bring a small premium as the 20rd mags do?

All you have to do is convince some sucker that the pony gives the mag super powers and you can mark it up to whatever you want.

Who cares if they're actually made by OKay Industries who just slips a Colt baseplate on there

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Anything with Clot on it will sell for more to someone new to AR's or Clot collectors/people.  I have a couple of Clot 20 round mags just to have.

TS
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Keep in mind that a brick-n-mortar guy needs to make a decent profit.  It's not like he gets "relatively" free advertising on an internet BB and sells a few hunnert mags a day.

Heck, you talk him down on a gun.  Then you talk him down on spare mags.  THEN you talk him down on accessories.  At what point is he allowed to make money?

Some stuff I buy online.  Some stuff I buy in person.  But I never try to tell a guy his biz on some items.  The four other things I want at a good cost may be loss leaders for him and he may be making it up with the others.  

How many local dealers can buy a couple of cases of D&H mags???  I suspect not many.  And we wonder why gun shows are no good anymore.  Because we can get BETTER deals working with 50 or 100 different people online instead of the 1-2 guys at a gunshow taht do enuf biz to sell in reasonable bulk.

I'm not a dealer.  I'm not sticking up for that specific one.  But economix prevails.  If you don't like the price, you don't gutta buy one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#11]
You should explain that you're from AR15.com and anything in his shop is yours for whatever price YOU feel appropriate!  He should also bow when you walk thru the door.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
20 was too much when you can get D&H for 9 bucks. hr

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered 4 mags from 44mag today

(2) grey teflons 30's and (2) grey teflons 20's

With shipping and all they were like 12 bucks each.

I did not think that I was being ugly asking to buy the bushy mag for 20 bucks - I bought one from another store about two weeks after the ban sunset.  They had the same 25 asking and took 20 for the mag.

Just the facts.....

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Heh.  Cabelas sells USGI mags for, last I saw, $19 at their store here in PA.  Mixed brands -- I think I recall seeing some Colt and Okay mags.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
20 was too much when you can get D&H for 9 bucks.

+1

44mag.com is awesome
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm still seeing USED AR mags for $20 at the local shops and gun shows around here.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#17]
gunshops have to pay bills and probably dont find as good of deals we are offered here by the site supporting dealers.

either that or they are total ripoffs
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
gunshops have to pay bills and probably dont find as good of deals we are offered here by the site supporting dealers.

They don't do the volume so they are buying their stock for what we are buying the mags for.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't do the volume so they are buying their stock for what we are buying the mags for.

So what you are saying is that 8.00 dollars of profit on a 12 dollar item is not enouft?

I do not think so.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what you are saying is that 8.00 dollars of profit on a 12 dollar item is not enouft?

I do not think so.

Later,

Badredfish

No, $20 is way to much if they are buying at $8. Mark up should be 20 to 30%
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not think so.

Later,

Badredfish

did they tell you how much they paid for the mags? or are you just quoting from the internet? i have had gunshop owners actually tell me how much they were paying for mags and have suggested coming here to buy mags instead. lots of them pay a lot more than we do as customers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#22]
the hk mag sounds like the going rate and the bushmaster mag is comparable to bushmaster's website.

not everyone knows about ar15.com and the great dealers that are located here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
the hk mag sounds like the going rate and the bushmaster mag is comparable to bushmaster's website.

not everyone knows about ar15.com and the great dealers that are located here.

+1
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top