Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:49:30 AM EDT
Is there a trick to getting my rubber magazine pulls onto my magazines.  I can only get them over the very bottom of the magazine.  Should I heat them first, boil them, use a lubricant on the magazine?  

I may be posting what appear to be stupid questions, but I am trying to avoid continually breaking stuff when there is a world of knowledge on this site that I can turn to first.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Easy method:

Pick up the magpul, place index finger of right hand in one end, index finger of left hand in other end and "PULL", rotate 90deg, "PULL" (were talking stretching it here).

Couple three times and it'll go on easy as pie.

After ya got 'em all on, wrap them in a towel, set 'em in the frig for awhile, (or outside if your where it's cold) then they'll tighten up and ya won't be able to move 'em anymore, done deal....

Way I put 30 of 'em on the other day, took no time at all.

Mike

ETA - ya can't break'em using just one finger of each hand, (unless your part gorilla) and ya can get a nice peck work-out at the same time...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
work them on with back and forth rocking little by little.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top