Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 4:31:07 PM EDT
How do you keep the tower from wearing down so quickly?

It is a new tower (the first wore down) and already after loading about 10 times you can see clear cut grooves in the tower from the bullet points.

I am using the loader provided.

Any ideas on how to minimize wear other than manually load the rounds one by one or not use the damn thing?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How do you keep the tower from wearing down so quickly?

It is a new tower (the first wore down) and already after loading about 10 times you can see clear cut grooves in the tower from the bullet points.

I am using the loader provided.

Any ideas on how to minimize wear other than manually load the rounds one by one or not use the damn thing?

Contact the manufacturer. I heard they will replace the C mags if you complain about problems or issues.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I used my Beta for the 4th time and I see these cuts in the tower. Are they from the rounds being pushed out of the mag and into the gun?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
To me it looks like it is the result of inserting the rounds.

I do use the mag loader with the stripper clips. If it can't be fixed I would rather pay for new towers than have to load it one round at a time. I just would have thought the tower would last a bit longer than it does.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
JThompson would a LULA help the tower situation? You still have to keep a long thin flathead screw driver to pop the LULA off however.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top