Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:01:18 AM EDT
I know nothing about them(orlite mags), are they recommended?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
General consensus on the forum--and my personal experience--is to avoid all plastic magazines.   There are so many good quality, reliable and affordable aluminum mags out there (44mag.com) that you cannot go wrong.  

If you really want plastic mags and want to pay for them then go for it--but just use them at the range until you are absolutely confident in their reliability.

I personally love my Glock and it's plastic mags, but they have metal reinforcements.  I am not aware of any plastic AR mags that have such metal inserts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
General consensus on the forum--and my personal experience--is to avoid all plastic magazines.   There are so many good quality, reliable and affordable aluminum mags out there (44mag.com) that you cannot go wrong.  

If you really want plastic mags and want to pay for them then go for it--but just use them at the range until you are absolutely confident in their reliability.

I personally love my Glock and it's plastic mags, but they have metal reinforcements.  I am not aware of any plastic AR mags that have such metal inserts.

+1

Good USGI aluminum mags are so abundant and cheap right now, there is no reason to buy Orlites or any other mag for that matter.  The most I would use it for is the range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the orlite mags are made in Isreal, at least I got some that had a made in Isreal sticker on them.  I've had good luck with the ones I have, only paid $3.00 each for 8 of them so i figured they were worth a try. They seem well made, lips are nice and thick, come apart easy for cleaning although they were a little tighter fitting than my GI mags at first but after a little use they slide right in & out no problem.  Granted they are plastic or some kinda material and won't last as long as a metal mag, IMHA, their still pretty decent mags if the price is right, love mine, they have never given me any trouble..hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Orlite mags are to magazines what Wolf is to ammo. Loads of people here will praise orlites and tell you they are almost as good as USGI mags. While others here will bash them senseless and tell you they are crap.

Ive used these for about 10 years now, and have not had one problem with them. People clain they get broken feedlips, and cracked mags, I havent seen it. IMO these are good mags. But right now with the price of new USGI mags there is no reason to go with second best. Why spend $5 on something that may (and I stress may) be subpar, when you can get the best for $10-12?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Orlite mags are to magazines what Wolf is to ammo. Loads of people here will praise orlites and tell you they are almost as good as USGI mags. While others here will bash them senseless and tell you they are crap.

Ive used these for about 10 years now, and have not had one problem with them. People clain they get broken feedlips, and cracked mags, I havent seen it. IMO these are good mags. But right now with the price of new USGI mags there is no reason to go with second best. Why spend $5 on something that may (and I stress may) be subpar, when you can get the best for $10-12?

Or $9 after shipping.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
orlite mags are reinforced with a steel mesh. I had a bunch of them that I bought used, and after some rounds through them I started gettting cracked feedlips.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or $9 after shipping.

Where did you find that price??? I seved in the marines and I know about USGI mags. I had 15 of them but when I sold my bushmaster the mags went with themhinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or $9 after shipping.

Where did you find that price??? I seved in the marines and I know about USGI mags. I had 15 of them but when I sold my bushmaster the mags went with them

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=271020
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Crappy mags..... stay away.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one before I new anything because it was cheap, and I've shot the hell out of it and it hasn't cracked or caused one single problem.  It even came with sand in it.  I agree though, go for a new USGI, just a few bucks more.  MUCH better in the long run.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top