Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 10:39:02 PM EDT
If you (or your department, unit, club, etc.) load a LOT of M16 30-round mags with loose ammo, listen up! I just finished testing the Maglula Bench Loader, and it's slicker than a glass doorknob!

You insert the empty mag, lay out the loose ammo in the trough, and ZIP! You're done! It takes about 1/2 second to actually load the mag.

My Air Force Security Forces Armory issues approx. 20K rounds of 5.56mm ammo per day, and we 'block,' or count, 10% of it when its turned in at the end of the shift. My armorers hate this, to be sure, but it's necessary to maintain accountability of the ammo.

So, I ordered a dozen standard LULAs to unload the mags with, and four of the Bench Loaders to reload them with. I have mixed feelings about the standard LULA, but the Bench Model is great!

They're NOT cheap, around $400, but they will pay for themselves in short order just in the time saved.

Midway, Brownells, and many other places carry these for those who are interested. And no, I am not connected with Maglula in any way.

http://maglula.tripod.com/MAGLULA-Janes.pdf

hug.gif
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top