Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:04:25 AM EDT
All of my 30rnd mags rattle when carried in chest pouches.
It can be fixed by knocking the mag around, but as soon as I do some running or jumping they start rattling again.  I'm using several kinds of mags(center, labelle, sanchez,colt) with green followers and have never had problems with rounds not feeding with the mag spring tension.
It is irritating when trying to be stealthy.

Does this happen with all mags?
Is there a fix?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one mag from D&H that did this as well.  I have 25 of their mags but haven't tested all of them.  It rattled when it was fully loaded but I couldn't figure out what was rattling.  I also have the Gen II followers in as well.
It might be normal but who knows
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems like there is one or two cartridges in the middle of the mag where the bullet end is loose and not touching the cartridges above or below it.
It's like they are not sitting flush on top of each other.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Do magpul followers help this issue?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
All my 20 rounder D&H teflon/GenII magpuls rattle also. They are my range mags. I wouldn't want to be in combat running with the rounds jingling around making noise. I notice after 5 rounds it rattles. Other than that they are flawless.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the replies.  Thanks for answering my questions.

caw375
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top