Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:33:47 AM EDT
I am wanting to replace my old warn out Colt 20 Round straight bench magazines
with new quality straight magazines.
I have new D&H black teflon 30 rounders with the magpul gen II orange followers and wanting
that type of quality in a straight 20 round mag.
I know the magpul followers only work in curved 20 and 30 rounders but can be modified to work
in straight 20 rounders so if I wanted D&H or simuler USGI quality in a straight 20 rounder
with magpul gen II followers were should I look to find such a mag?
thanks.
the magazine I want would be this..
USGI straight black teflon 20 round with magpul gen II orange follower.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The only new, and quality straight 20 rounder you are gonna find is a Colt mag.  They are dry film coated and come with a black plastic follower.  No one makes a straight 20 that is Teflon coated, or black for that matter.  And I wouldn't even bother with trying to modify a gen II Magpul to work in a straight 20.  It is uneeded.  Most I would do is replace the black plastic follower with a USGI alloy follower.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only new, and quality straight 20 rounder you are gonna find is a Colt mag.  They are dry film coated and come with a black plastic follower.  No one makes a straight 20 that is Teflon coated, or black for that matter.  And I wouldn't even bother with trying to modify a gen II Magpul to work in a straight 20.  It is uneeded.  Most I would do is replace the black plastic follower with a USGI alloy follower.  

Or NHMTG. They are very good quality. I have 10 of them.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

I have 17.  I'd put new springs in the old Clot 20rd with alloy followers if it were me...

TS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Okay, you got me techincally.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Okay, you got me techincally.

You're technically wrong on two counts.    

NHMTG is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys,
figured no one was offering such a mag but thought I would ask before I made any kind of
purchase.
my colts are in need of refinishing and new springs and followers, they are very warn.  these
magazines are for my bench target and varmint rifles so sense no one HAS what I want I
might get either new colts, NHMTG, or D&H Black teflon curved 20 rounders with Gen II's.
is there a good supplier for the NHMTG magazines?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy all mine locally, but Eagle Firearms has them for about $15 2nd ones down HERE

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
if they have alloy followers those are probably the best out there.

i have some that are super old and i just replaced the springs with ones from wolff and now they function like brand new.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the wolf springs specifically designed for the straight 20 rd magazines or do you have to do some modification?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are the wolf springs specifically designed for the straight 20 rd magazines or do you have to do some modification?

They make a version specifically for 20s. No mods required.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
O.K.  just wanted to be sure since I've read that some 20 round magazine springs (Creative Products?) are actually made for curved 20 rounds magazines and have to be trimmed to fit in a straight 20 round box magazine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]

This outfit has New COLT Factory 20 rders for $23 each - no Leo mark

www.expertoutfitters.com/firearms/ar1520_mag/ar1520_mag.html

( no personal exp. with them)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They make a version specifically for 20s. No mods required.

yep and work great.

i never noticed the difference since the ones for my 30's are straight before they go in
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#14]
they all  but 1 have alloy followers and all the followers have kind of
a dimple or groove warn in the top. they have been around a few years and many
many rounds kinda looking like gold mags
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top