Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:13:15 PM EDT
Just came across a couple of these (see pic).  Anybody know anything (first hand) about these?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a pair back during the ban… they worked. They were in high demand so I sold them for $45 each.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take a pair NIW if your selling!!!!

Thanks!!!

GoGo
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Id be happy with some new NORMAL thermolds. The copies from ProMag are running about 50/50 on reports of reliability
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I use these for 3 gun match stages where the round count is 30+.  They work very well, but I wouldn't want to drop them on the ground a lot because they're fragile when extended.  

I don't load more than 42 in the mag and I've had 100% reliablity (knock on wood).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just came across a couple of these (see pic).  Anybody know anything (first hand) about these?

usera.imagecave.com/eyegun/thermold.JPG

I'll give you $30.00 for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I had some of those many years ago.  The theory was, you could load in 30 rounds and leave the magazine extended, so the spring is not under too much stress.  Then you could store them for long periods of time without the spring dying.  When it's time to use, just slap the bottom of the magazine back into the body, and it's ready to fire.

There were only two problems with that theory. . .   First, they weren't reliable, at least for me.  As best I recall, the spring tended to catch and hang up.  Secondly, it was an answer in search of a problem.  Ordinary 30-round magazines can be stored fully loaded for years -- probably decades -- without damaging the spring.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
They were known as the 30/45 for a reason.  You were supposed to be able to load it with 45 rounds if necessary.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had a pair back during the ban… they worked. They were in high demand so I sold them for $45 each.

How much are they worth now in slightly used condition?
Thanks!
Jr
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top