Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:44:56 PM EDT
I want to replace some old springs.  Which Springs a good ?  Is Wolf Springs as good as everyone says , or Chrome Silcon better ?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had a problem with standard springs, so I say go for those.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
if you do need to replace springs i would recommend wolff.  They have  very good quality materials and i love their springs in my pistols but i have not tried them out in any mags.  Usually when i do a rebuild i just replace the follwers that usually solves any feeding issues.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with the GI ones, but IMO the CS ones are better
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought some Tapco springs a few years ago. Are there differences in diameter of the wire in GI springs from maker to maker? These springs seem thinner, but I have no way to measure them. I admittedly have not tested them for function but have installed them in a number of mags.

Any opinions?

M4-AK
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top