Posted: 2/14/2006 9:42:10 AM EDT
Which is better? And why?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thanks!

Dry film.  It's cheaper.  Teflon is a perceived need, like magpul's entire line.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Dry film.  It's cheaper.  Teflon is a perceived need, like magpul's entire line.

+1 (and welcome back mark)
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

In with a vengeance
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys... appreciate the input!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no price difference any more.  Teflon = $10.  Dry Film = $10.  The teflon finish is smoother inside and out, thinner (mags drop free easier), and more durable.  No reason not to get the D&H Teflon mags.    That chalky dry film that rubs off on your magwell and hands is also getting all over your cartridges and eventually in your chamber.  It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but why bother when something better can be had for the same price.  I use both, but the Teflon's are my preferred shooters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Teflon.  Cost is the same for both.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Are they still anodized prior to getting the teflon finish?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
With the teflon coating, the magazine will look nicer  87 times longer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Teflon without a doubt. The finish lasts longer and cleanup is a snap. Just remember to use a nylon spatula as a metal one might scratch the surface.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#11]
has anyone found them cheaper than mag44?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
If they are the same price, go with the teflon.  It's more durable and slicker than the standard dry film finish.  Not that the standard is flawed in any way, 13 of my 16 mags are dry film and they all work beautifully.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Check out dsgarms.com for their SHOT show special.  $9.95 for teflons.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check out dsgarms.com for their SHOT show special.  $9.95 for teflons.

$10.95 for teflon with a magpul follower.  I ordered 20 this morning .  They should get here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Any advantage to the new generation magpul followers from 44mag?  Besides looking uber tactical?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:36:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Any advantage to the new generation magpul followers from 44mag?  Besides looking uber tactical?

www.44mag.com/images/dh30bmo.jpg

I think Markm said it best...

ETA: DSG kicks ass!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]
i have the magpu followers and i love them.  I only did the upgrade to the mags that were already misfeeding.  I thought it was the spring then a friend had recommended changing the followers i did and voila no more misfeeds.  I do this upgrade for all my mags that misfeed.  I haven't had any problems with the newer mags with the usgi green followers.  But once they do misfeed i'll definitely replace them.

I'd go with teflon thinner material and cost is the same.  tend to last longer on themags and finish is nicer once they are worn in.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I went with Black Teflon from 44 mag as that was all they had in stock when I ordered. Glad I did good.  I did order Magpul followers which now I realize that I shouldnt have.  Oh well live and learn.  Iguess I will be selling a bunch of followers on EE when they arrive and I can get them resold.
Mike
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#19]

I was thinking these don't come from the factory this way because on 44mag.com they sell the green magpul followers as "take outs" for cheap and thus assume they slap these in.  That's ok, but if you're doing that in 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 mags you're going to booger up the floor plate or bottom of the mag body.   Anyone bought the black Teflon D&H mags with orange Magpull followers yet?

Basis for assumption: www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DHGFT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I was thinking these don't come from the factory this way because on 44mag.com they sell the green magpul followers as "take outs" for cheap and thus assume they slap these in.  That's ok, but if you're doing that in 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 mags you're going to booger up the floor plate or bottom of the mag body.   Anyone bought the black Teflon D&H mags with orange Magpull followers yet?

MagPul doesn't make green followers for standard USGI mags.  The new "standard" followers are the green takeouts that they sell.

TS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MagPul doesn't make green followers for standard USGI mags.  The new "standard" followers are the green takeouts that they sell.

TS

So what's the deal with D&H mags with orange folllowers, they come from the factory that way?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

So what's the deal with D&H mags with orange folllowers, they come from the factory that way?

No.  The takeouts are standard D&H followers.  44mag (and others) take them out and replace them with orange or grey Magpul followers.  They are a 100% improvement over the green ones, definitely no-tilt!

TS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Some people are just afraid of change.... and process improvement, no matter how slight.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top