Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:21 PM EDT
I got a few mags at a gun show marked : Defense Solutions Group Inc. They seemed pretty nice and worked very well and after coming here it seems as though these are the same as the ones from DSGArms.com so I ordered a couple more from them.

I also ordered a couple of the Magpul anti-tilt followers to put into my stock Colt 20 round mags. Of course after coming here I read a topic that said that they would not work well in those mags so I quick shot off an email to DSG Arms to see if I could stop them before they sent them to me since it was not sense in paying for something that I could not use. Good bunch of guys they caught the order for me and adjusted it. They could have very well let it go and make a few bucks more but they didn't. They took the followers out and credited my card and sent me what I wanted.

I just got the mags and upon inspection found one to be a little cracked on one of the lips that holds the floor plate on. Looks like it was bent over too many times and it is starting to crack. I  feel like a jerk now to send the guy another email to see if I could get it replaced but i fear that if it hits the ground like that it will just break off. But if I send him and email he may feel like this guy is more trouble than he is worth for his 2 stinking mag order, lol.

Oh well. It never hurts to ask. I'll let you know what happens. If one was not cracked these are some really nice quality mags. I guess no matter how good they are one or two slip through every once in a while.

Edit:
I just noticed that they same mags are only $10 now and I paid $13 a day ago. Just my luck. If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That's customer service right there.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
XSentinel,

Send us your order information and we will be glad to credit your card for the mag price difference. Throw that mag in a box and send it back to us and we will get another one out to you. We have never experienced any "cracking" of the feedlips and would love to look into it.  Email us at [email protected] and we will take care of you.

Wow. I guess I should have known that they were members here. Can do. I appreciate it very much and I will send it out tomorrow. I sent the email to you, under  my real name of course (AL).
They are the best mags I have seen out there for quality so I will be buying more. If you take care of a schmuck like me for my 2 little magazine order then obviously you will take care of these guys that order dozens. It is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you see light through it, it's not a crack. Most of my D&H black T mags appear as though they might have a crack but it's just on the surface. I assume from the "molding" process or something.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Unless you see light through it, it's not a crack. Most of my D&H black T mags appear as though they might have a crack but it's just on the surface. I assume from the "molding" process or something.

I do not see light through it. It looks like a stress crack on one side like the kind you get in metal when you bend it back and forth a few times. It is only on one lip of the four.

I have a few other D&H mags from the same company and none of the rest of them have it. I also have the real Colt mags that came with my rifle and they don't have it either. It is holding and I would not mind using it at a range but I would not count on it for anything serious. It looks like if it were bent and straightened one more time it could crack off. I won't bend it so that seems unlikely but I am more concerned that it could crack if the mag hits the floor which could happen.

Not a big deal because as I said the other mags I have gotten from them are the best I have seen and RustyTX has offered to take it back and send me a new one if I want. I don't think I will as it is just one mag that only cost $10 and it would be a few bucks to send it back and then it would cost him a few more bucks to send me another new one back so it would seem like we are just making UPS rich for one stinking mag. I guess it bothered me because I only order 2 and one was bad. If I ordered 20 and one was bad it would be no big deal.

I did pay $13.95 for them though and now they are going for $10.95 ,but he did say he would credit me the difference. So rather than both of us wasting money money on shipping sending it back and forth, and since he is going to credit me the $6 anyway, I  just sent him an email asking him to just send me 2 more and I'll pay the difference which is like $16 more.

If I thought they were no good I would not want 2 more. I would just want to send them back. Like I said these guys deal in thousands of magazines so you are bound to have one or two bad ones now and again. I am just always the lucky guy that gets them just my luck I guess.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's customer service right there.  

Indeed, rustytx IS one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
XSentinel,

Send us your order information and we will be glad to credit your card for the mag price difference. Throw that mag in a box and send it back to us and we will get another one out to you. We have never experienced any "cracking" of the feedlips and would love to look into it.  Email us at [email protected] and we will take care of you.

RustyTX, I just sent you an email with all my order info for the credit t be applied. Thanks again.

UPDATE:
Just got my credit from Rusty so all I can say is that these are the best quality mags and customer service out there that I have found. I see no reason to buy any where else. No too many people stand by their stuff like this. I will be buying more.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]
DSG is always the first place I check for AR stuff.   RustyTX knows how to build a customer base
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Indeed. There are quite a few little necessities over there that will be seeing some of my tax refund
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DSG is always the first place I check for AR stuff.   RustyTX knows how to build a customer base

+1

DSG is tops imo of getting AR stuff!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My only problem with DSG is I can't stop ordering stuff from them.

They've been A+ all the way, great service.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top