Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:31 PM EDT
Well I went to order some magazines and had to quit as there are just to many choices.  
1.) Grey Teflon
2.) Black Teflon
3.) Dry Film
I'm lost which works and which doesnt?  I'm thinking the Grey Teflon is better as its always sold out is this a way to judge?  If not what is good?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They are all very good.
Just pick one - OR - in ARFCOM fashion,  buy some  of each.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
That works
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are all very good.
Just pick one - OR - in ARFCOM fashion,  buy some  of each.

Exactly.  

Personally, IIRC and YMMV aside- if it's dry moly coated...It's Mil-spec.  Which IMHO is best.

HOWEVER, the teflon coat is probably in addition to Mil-spec.  That is to say the manufacturerer is specifacally targeting the commerical market by adding the teflon coat to a mil-spec magazine.

Check out the magazine FAQs posted at the top of this forum. If it's one of the listed manufacturers in the top tiers, you'll be good to go.  TROY will never let you down.

Sly
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top