Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:49:45 PM EDT
I could not think of a good title.

I am well aware of the arguments for loading 28rds in a 30rd mag. For me, the biggest reason would be the ease of insertion with the bolt forward such as during a tactical reload.

I would prefer of course to load the mags with 30rds. Not so much for the extra 2rd as for the ease of loading and counting ammo, especially when using stirpper clips and the like.

I know it is easy enough to simply load to 30 and remove 2.

I have 2 questions, first of all why not 29 instead of 28? Secondly, are there any mag parts or configurations that will allow ease of insertion with the bolt forward and a full 30rds? For example, a certain sping, floorplate, and follower combo?

I understand that the HK mags can be insetered wtih a full 30rds and a forward bolt, but they are NOT worth the money or weight to me. They are also longer, so this is no great trick for them then.

Any idea if CP's new SS mags will be built  with this in mind? If so, they ought to be an excellent alternative.

I wonder why someone does not make a high quality very slgihtly extended floorplate for just this purpose. Oh, Magpul, are you hearing this?

Tsh77769
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top