Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:12:32 PM EDT
I recently purchased 3 New in wrap Colt 9mm w / plastic followers , I am getting double feed when I get down to the last 5 or 6 rounds , plus follower wont activate bolt hold open , can live without the last round function , but the double feed is a no go .
Follower looks to be so far out of spec it isn't funny .... No way Colt would make this would they ?

Anyone else having or had this issue ... I know for a fact it isn't the weapon causing this , I have a few other 20 rounders w / metal followers that work fine ,

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
taggy, got a couple 9mm AR's coming soon I hope
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have a clue, All my Factory Colt 32 round magazines work flawlessly
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Today I am gonna swap out followers and try other brands of ammo , just to satisfie my mind

also noted , when the mags were half loaded , ammo wuz not stacked even at all , you could see it through the round count witness holes
and when I unloaded the mags by hand several rounds would jump out at one time

Just my luck ,,, if they made a million and had 3 bad ones in the bunch , I would get them  !
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Update from today ..

After work today I proceeded to round up a old buddy that used to be a Armorer for our local P.D.  Colt & H&K Certified ...

He looks at the mags in question   first word outta his mouth is Crap !  ... He looks and ponders a few minuets , digs thru his spare parts and pieces and finds a few metal followers and springs from the old style , we proceed to swap parts out .
One mag in particular wouldn't take the steel follower ... it would not top out stopped about 6 to 8 rounds shy from the top

He says inner dimensions are off on these mags ... the truth is in the pic attached ,, notice how ammo is stacked and spaced , New Bad Mag on left . Old Good Mag on right ..

We did get the two we changed out to function ok ... but I wouldn't stake my life on them ... just ok for the range

So I am still looking for Good Mags ........
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So I am still looking for Good Mags ........

Colt mags are good mags.  Have you called Colt to see if they will warranty them?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I should rephrase that ........ Still looking for Reliable Colt Mags !   , Not Bashing Colt , I would use nothing but .

and Yes they go back tomorrow morning ..
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top