Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:52:52 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any online sources for these magazines. I have some old ones in my safe that have a gold type finish and would like more .
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the EE for Okays specifically.  The gold is actually the color of the anodizing beneath the final finish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Correct. The color of the mags was originally a grey color. The grey film has worn off.

OKay Ind mags were made as USGI. Just about any USGI will have the same quality. Read the multiple threads about best mags. OKay Ind mags have not been produced in over a decade. Check out the FAQ at the top of the page.

Right now, USGIs are cheaper than they have been since the early 80s (counting for inflation). CP mags are common at $10.50. 44mag.com is selling teflon coated D&H USGI at $11.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Correct. The color of the mags was originally a grey color. The grey film has worn off.

OKay Ind mags were made as USGI. Just about any USGI will have the same quality. Read the multiple threads about best mags. OKay Ind mags have not been produced in over a decade. Check out the FAQ at the top of the page.

Right now, USGIs are cheaper than they have been since the early 80s (counting for inflation). CP mags are common at $10.50. 44mag.com is selling teflon coated D&H USGI at $11.

I have some that are stamped 09/04.  Not sure if they have a current .mil contract, but they have been making mags recently.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some that are stamped 09/04.  Not sure if they have a current .mil contract, but they have been making mags recently.

Yep. I have 3 marked 11-04.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure you don't just have some swaped floorplates?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys,
Okay Industries is a current military contract supplier and has been forever. They are about a mile from our plant. They make 40-50,000 mags per week currently. The grey coating is a moly dry film coat and is one of two mil-spec coatings. The gold should be a mag after hard coat anodize.

CP
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I sit here corrected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
If you look in the EE, watch for "white box" as the Okay mags come new in white boxes.  I've seen them listed that way and not as Okay mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sure you don't just have some swaped floorplates?

Positive.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Wizzo,
Those are the real deal!

CP
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you want brand new current OKay mags?
Go to Buylci.com
Click on "Preview/Shop as Guest"
Type in "magazine"

$11.74 each,brand new. Free shipping on anything over $50.00. I ordered some last November and they were dated 2/05. Fast shipping but thier packing sucks.The mags were loose in a big box.
                                                                                               HTH, Nick
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you want brand new current OKay mags?
Go to Buylci.com
Click on "Preview/Shop as Guest"
Type in "magazine"

$11.74 each,brand new. Free shipping on anything over $50.00. I ordered some last November and they were dated 2/05. Fast shipping but thier packing sucks.The mags were loose in a big box.
                                                                                               HTH, Nick

I got mine for a deeper discount than that....shipped.  If you're not LEO/Mil that's hard to do.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top