Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 4:09:05 AM EDT
It was in that issue of Special Weapons for Law Enforcement.  The one with the Scar on the front of it.

To me, it seemed like he was talking directly to us.  Because we had that thread going about 28 vs 30.  I think it was in AR discussions though.  I though there was some good advice.  But some of you may not like it.

He did recommend 28.   And he made some common sense points about it.
He also said if you don't do anything else, replace you followers with those brown magpul ones.  

Does anybody know where to get those??  I got a couple mags that'll need to be rebuilt and I figure I'll throw some in there.

I thought it was a good article.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Pat is the real deal, i follow his advice and recommend that anyone that may have to use a firearm against a 2 legged predator to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
So, how do you reload mags from strippers with 28 rounds?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
you dont want the brown magpuls, you want the grey ones.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Pat's POV...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<snip>

To me, it seemed like he was talking directly to us.  Because we had that thread going about 28 vs 30.  I think it was in AR discussions though.  

<snip>

Surely you jest!  Not our beloved disinformation cowpath!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The brown magpuls works fine in standard GI mags. The only issue with the brown ones was they seemed to stick a bit at the top of the D&H Mags produced in recent years. There were posts and threads about users having to file the sides of the Magpulls to make them work in D&H Mags. They apparently bought the tooling that was formerly Labelle, but the tollerances were a bit tight on the top of the mags.   I think the modification was to make them fit better in the D&H mags.  

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The brown magpuls works fine in standard GI mags. The only issue with the brown ones was they seemed to stick a bit at the top of the D&H Mags produced in recent years. There were posts and threads about users having to file the sides of the Magpulls to make them work in D&H Mags. They apparently bought the tooling that was formerly Labelle, but the tollerances were a bit tight on the top of the mags.   I think the modification was to make them fit better in the D&H mags.  

Full-Auto

I remember reading someone having a problem with the magpuls also.  But, I should still probably try them out on his recommendation.

Interestingly enough, I live about 40 miles from where the make D & H.  Not that it means anything.  It'd be cool if I could go there and get em cheaper!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
JJRea,
Thanks for the kind words. However, you are mistaken as to the magazine. I write only for SWAT, and the article you reference- Magazine Redux- was in SWAT. The SCAR was not on the cover.
Qetc...You load 2 clips of 10, and don't load the last two rounds on the third one.

Pretty simple, and those in military units that shoot for a living have been doing it for a long time.
That article was certainly not in response to anything going on here. I rarely look at this forum due to time constraints, and in any event, that story was written in July 2005.

While Rich made me aware of the Gen 2 follower (red/ gray), it was not yet out in July 2005, therefore my recommendation for the Brown Magpul follower.

I hope this clears up the usual misconceptions that occur regularly on any forum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
JJRea,
Thanks for the kind words. However, you are mistaken as to the magazine. I write only for SWAT, and the article you reference- Magazine Redux- was in SWAT. The SCAR was not on the cover.
Qetc...You load 2 clips of 10, and don't load the last two rounds on the third one.

Pretty simple, and those in military units that shoot for a living have been doing it for a long time.
That article was certainly not in response to anything going on here. I rarely look at this forum due to time constraints, and in any event, that story was written in July 2005.

While Rich made me aware of the Gen 2 follower (red/ gray), it was not yet out in July 2005, therefore my recommendation for the Brown Magpul follower.

I hope this clears up the usual misconceptions that occur regularly on any forum.

Sorry about that Pat.  I apologize and now I remember.  It was on a lunch break and I didn't buy any of the magazines.  But I did read the article and thought it was great.  I tried IMing you back to apologize but it wouldn't let me.  I appreciate your time and thanks for the read.

I wonder if that means the red / gray are better????  I'm assuming so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]
It's always nice when a true expert pops in to set the record straight.

Thanks Pat for another outstanding article.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's always nice when a true expert pops in to set the record straight.

Thanks Pat for another outstanding article.

There are a few true experts who lurk (and post) here.  The article was a good one!

TS
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top