Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:51:53 PM EDT
New U.S.G.I., Bulk Packed • AR-15 .223 30rd Grey Teflon GI Magazine • D&H MFG $11.00 each

Brand new sealed in factory wrappers M16/AR15 USGI Mil-Spec aluminum 30rd magazines w/ green followers and standard military dry film finish. These mags are made by CP in Conn. and are the same mags currently being supplied to the US military.
M16/AR15 USGI Mil-Spec aluminum 30rd magazines  $9.99 each
I know we are only talking a dollar difference in the two but which is the better of the two I am a newbie with my bushmaster and want to get the better of the two, help me decide you guys are the pros
Thanks
Doug
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you aren't worried about the small price diff, then I'd go with the D&H with the teflon finish.  The teflon is slicker (will drop free easier), and the finish will be more durable. I have 10 of these that I got from 44mag and I am highly impressed.  I have a bunch of mags, Okay, sanchez, etc, and the D&H are better IMO than the Okay mags are (even though they are all top notch).  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, if you aren't worried about the small price diff, then I'd go with the D&H with the teflon finish.  The teflon is slicker (will drop free easier), and the finish will be more durable. I have 10 of these that I got from 44mag and I am highly impressed.  I have a bunch of mags, Okay, sanchez, etc, and the D&H are better IMO than the Okay mags are (even though they are all top notch).  

100% Agree.

Out of curiosity I got a few D&H teflons, and a few CPs. The CPs were fine, but not as smooth as Okays.       (I swore by Okay mags - very reliable and the standard I rated other USGI mags by).

I hate to admit it, but I am phasing out the Okays and ordering more of the D&H teflons...
They ran perfect, and the finish takes a beating. I think they are worth the $1 more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go with the CP mags. Not because they are cheaper, but because CP is what we have wanted for years. A civilian vendor producing 20 and 30 round mags specifically for our consumption. We need to support thier efforts in every way possible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I support CP's venture into producing mags specifically for civilians.  However I have not seen/used any mags by them, and so I can't recommend/not recommend them based solely upon their product (I'd love to) because to do so would be a discredit to all.  I have D&H, Okay, and a few adventurelines.  Of the mags I have, the D&H are the best.  When I get a CP, I will definatly let you all know what I think (I'm sure it will be positive, but reviews based upon assumptions would do the company as much harm as it would good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
44mag.com accepted my order, it was possible to fill out the required fields for Austria, then they emailed me, they can´t do export orders ... I am not amused!

So which Company will sell competitively priced ( 10 packs ) of GREY TEFLON COATED D & H 30 rd mags???

Options, such as Magpul followers and / or Chrome Silivone springs at ordering would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, H
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Arminius,
Do you know what the laws are in your country for a US manfacturer or distributor to ship mags to an individual? Each country varies as do many of the states in the US. I am waiting to hear back from our State Department and ATF on what the law exactly is, I'm curious. When I have the answer, I will post it. I think 44 Mag is correct in not sending the order. I am sure he to is checking the regulations and will fill your order if it is legal to do so.

Larry
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top