Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2006 6:25:20 PM EDT
All,

Larry of C Products sent me a 30 round aluminum mag coated with a new color that they are coming out with and asked for my opinion of the color.  
This will be the color of their SS mags and an option on the 30 round aluminum mags.
I offered to post pictures of this new color and Larry gave the OK.   The C Products new color is labeld black,  which it is,  but it does have a hint of gray to it.   It is not the same black as D&H applies to their mags.   In my opinion the CP black blends very well with the standard color of an AR.  The finish has been very durable and for me is a winner.

While my photo skills are not up to stickmans level,  I did try to give you all a good view of this new mag color.  
I hope you all enjoy.

All mags compared.  Cp black on top CP gray below and DH Black on bottom.

DH black on left, CP black middle and CP gray left,  DH Gray far left under CP gray

All mags with brighter light.  DH left and bottom,  CP black middle, CP gray DH GRay on far top

Comparisons in rifle.  Cp Black in Rifle.

Comparisons in rifle2.  CP black in rifle

Both CP colors AR   CP Black in AR CP gray for reference

CP Black Mag in AR

CP Gray in AR

DH Black in AR
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the comparison.  To me the CP black is more of a dark charcoal.

By the way, were the CP black mags you were given steel or aluminum?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Aluminum.

SS will be ready next week.

CP
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the photos. I'll have to get some CP black mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see some Flat Earth Brown mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of finish?  Not that it affects function, but I have noticed that the moly finish on the standard CP mags comes off pretty easy.  Is the new black finish more durable?  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Eric,
It is still a moly dry coat but we are having it specially formulated exclusively for C Products. Every indication is that it is more durable and provides a little more lubrication. We have been very impressed with it so far. Actually we have been so impressed that it will be standard on our SS mag.

Larry
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT - As a reference for the CP black color that is going to be on their SS mags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#8]
The black coating will be in full production starting Febraury 20th.

CP
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Great pix for comparison!  Thanks!

Are C Products mags up to snuff with the mil-spec mags made in Hartford?  A local dealer sells them in my area, and I want to know if they're just as durable and reliable as GI issued stuff.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
We have a number of SWAT teams in Texas including (Garland) that use C Products magazines. Visit us at www.cproductllc.com.

CP
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Couldnt get your addy to work

Can ANY ArfComer recomend the C Products mags w/dry lube finish and Chrome Silicon Springs before i buy?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the benefit of the chrome silicon springs?  I noticed that they are the same price as the regular mags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to get off topic, but what kind of optic is that in the pic?  Visions of a SHOT Show Sig 55x dancing through my head...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna bight the bullet.

I ordered 6 with Magpul followers, they look Spec.

I'll let you know
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sorry to get off topic, but what kind of optic is that in the pic?  Visions of a SHOT Show Sig 55x dancing through my head...

The scope is a T168.  It is an inexpensive (~$60.00) Chinese made scope.   I purchased it approx 1 year ago after reading a review of it by someone in Iraq (this person gave it high praise also).   Both my son and I shot this AR and the scope has been great.   I have found it to be reliable and durable.    It has never lost zero and is very handy to pop cans, clay birds and the ever menacing paper target.  

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Couldnt get your addy to work

Can ANY ArfComer recomend the C Products mags w/dry lube finish and Chrome Silicon Springs before i buy?

Yes.  All of mine are have the CS springs and standard finish.  I consider them duty ready.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Iam testing a couple of the mags and I like the finish better than any of the other stock finishes.Good mag! Sorry CavTex good pictures but you have to see it to really tell the differances.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#18]
DBLETAP
I agree.  It is very hard to get the true color to show in a picture and the texture/feel of the finish does not show in a picture but it is a plus for me.  I am waiting for CP to release their Aluminum mags with this new finish so I can place an order.   I have run some WWB, M855, Wolf and my reloads through 2 different CP mags and they have worked great.  
So after the Shot Show is complete,  hopefully Larry will release some of the black CP mags.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Hi guys, Cav, thanks, glad you are enjoying the mags. We will be in full balck finish production starting the week of 2-20-06. The standard finish for the SS mags will be the black.

CP
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top