Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
Update on my Review of CP Mags.

Approx 2 weeks ago I posted a review of some CP 30 round mags I purchased from 44Mag.com.   In that review I listed and showed pictures of several mags that were not quite up to the “professional grade” I was expecting.  For reference these mags were showing a gap in the inside seam and one of them was very tight in the mag well.

After posting my review,  tochhc235 (the owner or one of the owners of CP Products (I think)) posted a response to my message.   In his response he admitted they had had an issue with one of their automated assembly tools that had caused this problem.   He stated that they had already identified the problem,  had fixed it and had put measures into place to make sure any problem mags in the future would be screened out.  
He also sent me 4 replacement mags for the problem ones.   The replacement mags fit and ejected perfectly and the construction issues  that were present on the earlier mags appear to be a thing of the past.   This is top notch service and a sign of a company that is dedicated to offering a quality product IMO.

Tochhc235 also sent me a mag with a new color that they will be offering in the future and wanted my feedback on it.  In my opinion it is a great color and I am hoping to see it on their future products.

I am looking forward to seeing CP Products future offerings and am confident they will be top notch, 2nd to none in all ways.   They are listening to the customers concerns and are taking measures to make sure their product meets the demands of the user.

For the record.    I in no way, shape, or form work for CP Products.  Just a satisfied customer.

Best Regards All
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They have Stainless mags on the ee, and are supposed to copare to HK mags, were the ones you were using SS, they are getting flamed in another post here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They have Stainless mags on the ee, and are supposed to copare to HK mags, were the ones you were using SS, they are getting flamed in another post here.

The ones I bought were bought from 44mag.com and were the standard 30 round Aluminum ones.
As far as I know they do not have the SS ones available for sale yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a post I just read on the active topics forum,  was origanaly from the ee, and they had pics of a SS mag from cp, so somone on the ee is selling these, or so it seems, they have been coated, and have ranger or other type plates on them. good looking mag, but a lot of debate over their quality.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Cav,
Thanks for taking the time to review our mags. As you can tell by the various posts about our mags we have gone the extra mile to improve our quality measures. I assure you we will not stop listening, we will continue to improve each day.
I am glad you liked the new black finish. That will be standard on the SS mags and offered as an option on the aluminum mags starting in February. We also have the Generation II Magpul followers and now feel we offer the complete package. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
It surely sounds as if they have their customer service dept  running well. Replacing the defective mags, and taking time to thank you, thats the sign of a quality Co. I will bet on most anything, as long as my life doesn't depend on it. I would try their mags, Cav, given your comments, and their letter, and on the other post, they said, they were getting the bugs out. If a Co. has a bad batch. or even one bad employee,(in cus. serv.) the Co. can get a reputation as being bad. Kalinka optics, comes to mind, they have great customer service, and seem to sell quality items for a good  price, I posted as much, a few weeks ago, and whoa-did the flame throwers erupt. but I am happy with my purchase, as well are you, and that is what matters. +1 for CP,  for replacing defective mags, and writing a letter in their defense,an +1 for cav. for taking time to give a honest report. I will certainly give you a thought, the next time I get  new mags, which is never soon enough. Thanks, Alan
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am glad you liked the new black finish. That will be standard on the SS mags and offered as an option on the aluminum mags starting in February.
CP

Hey Larry,
Is thie "black" moly or teflon?
How much darker will this finish be than the standard grey?

Thanks for the continued updates.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
The black finish is a moly dry dip coat and it is black. It does not show the marks that the grey does. I think Cav would agree it is sharp and looks great with the grey Magpul follower.

Larry
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The color closely matches the color of my Bushmaster and RRA AR15s.  
It is not the deep shiny black of the D&H mags.    To my eye it is more of a charcoal black.   It does appear to be significantly more durable than the gray dry film on the standard mags.   After playing with the sample that tochhc235 sent for the better part of an afternoon, the only wear on the mag body was were the mag catch rubbed.  
If tochhc235 does not mind, I can try to get some photos taken and posted.  

BRGs,
CavTex

Edit:
Larry gave the OK to post pictures of their new color.  So after I am done with some family commitments I will get some pictures taken and posted ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#9]
How soon will we be able to order black aluminum mags?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Edited:

Got in contact with Larry at CP and was taken care of.  In fact, I was so impressed with talking to him, I ordered more mags.

After talking with him, it looks like my mag well is on the low end of spec and the slightly raised edge was enough to cause problems for me in one mag.  I was able to try the same mag in a brand new lower I just recieved and it does drop free in the new mag well.

CP does have a great customer service and I apologize for posting without talking to them first.

rpd3576

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Bugs are hard to kill somtimes, I was mistaken when i said they were selling ss mags on the ee, they will be soon, but not currently. rpd3576, You might  try  emailing  larry directly, concerning your mags, evidently some do have bugs, but CP aeems to try and fix their customer service issues. good luck, he has posted above
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
We should be able to start shipping the black late next week on a limited amount. We will be in full production with the black 2nd week of February. The black is a custom blend made specifically for C Products. We will keep you posted.

CP
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to thank rpd3576 for the edit. I did understand his initial anger. I would have been off the wall myself as I was when I read his post, not at him but my QC Mgr.
If anyone receives a mag from us that is questionable PLEASE take the time to call me. This is not to try and stop anyone from posting a negative about CP but let's try and understand if we did something wrong or not. As it turned out, the mags drop free from his new weapon and he placed another order. Thanks again for the edit.

Larry
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I want to thank rpd3576 for the edit. I did understand his initial anger. I would have been off the wall myself as I was when I read his post, not at him but my QC Mgr.
If anyone receives a mag from us that is questionable PLEASE take the time to call me. This is not to try and stop anyone from posting a negative about CP but let's try and understand if we did something wrong or not. As it turned out, the mags drop free from his new weapon and he placed another order. Thanks again for the edit.

Larry

Larry, It is very refreshing in this day and age to know that there is a company out there that actually listens and cares about their customers.  I wish you all the luck in the world with the new mags and because of  what I have read in all of your posts I will in the near future be placing an order for some of your mags. Thanks and good luck

Bill
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry

Larry, It is very refreshing in this day and age to know that there is a company out there that actually listens and cares about their customers.  I wish you all the luck in the world with the new mags and because of  what I have read in all of your posts I will in the near future be placing an order for some of your mags. Thanks and good luck

Bill

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#16]
To all those interested, magazines can now be purchased with MagPul's second generation enhanced magazine follower directly from Creative Products.  

I'm not sure about pricing, perhpas Larry can fill us in.

Take care.

Justin
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top