Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT
Hello i just picked up a Colt 20Rd mag that i thought was just a mag but i got to looking and it is almost like it been nickle plated and i looked int the mag forum and did a search and all i come up with is it might be a sp1 mag made from the late 70's  and it is rare and collectable but no word on how much it's worth.Can you guys help me out?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Your picture, or pictures aren't showing up....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have any pictures of this magazine?

Please email me them at [email protected] and I can identify the magazine for you.

If it's indeed an electroless nickel plated magazine, I would be interested in purchasing it for my collection.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello i have no camra so no pics but my buddy that i bought it from says it's a true sp1 mag it came with his first AR he bought in 1975.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No one knows
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
People claim that some of the 20 round Colt mags came with the same Colt guard finish as the SP1 guns that had it. I purchased one new and it came with the standard finish on the mags not the same as the rifle. No one has posted a picture yet of a real one if they existed only told of them. One or two people claime dto have access to them but never posted a picture of one. Colt guard is a dull silver finish and is not shiny in the least. It is very similar to the coating Robar does called NP3. I have seen chromed, nickle plated, and silver painted 20 round mags but never the Colt guard mags I refer to as the Unicorn of mags. Post a picture of the mag and the floor plate. Where did he buy his first AR?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Look for a "1" in a circle, about 1/4" in diameter on the side of the mag body. Lots of SP1 mags have this mark. Some do not.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top