Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:13:42 AM EDT
I have 6 pre ban USGI mags in the orginal plastic from the early 80's.   The plastic is dated but not the mag's.   Do I keep and use them or do I sell them to someone who can't use new POST- ban / NO-ban  mags?   Thanks Marcus

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
that is completely up to you but it definetly would be a very nice gesture and I'm sure well recived from people in the ban states.  Good preban mags are always welcomed in ban states.  If I had a bunch od prebans I would sell them to someone in a ban state.  We gotta help each other out.

What you can do is sell the mags to someone in a ban state and then have them buy the same ammount of brand new manufactured mags of your choice and they can just have them shipped to your house from the dealer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
This may be a stupid question, BUT how do I tell pre-ban mags,  just lack of date stamp??
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This may be a stupid question, BUT how do I tell pre-ban mags,  just lack of date stamp??

Preban mags generally have no date stamp, and no LEO or GOVERNMENT USE ONLY stamping. Although some preban mags are date stamped with a date prior to 9/94.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
check you PM and IM
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top