Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:44:45 AM EDT
While at the Indy gunshow this weekend I noticed a box of brand new USGI mags for $10 each.  Each mag was in a sealed clear plastic bag with Center on the bag and all of the correct numbers according to Troy's Mag FAQ.  The question is about the lack of markings on the mags themselves.  THE BAG had all of the correct markings, but the mag body and floorplate were not marked at all.  According to Troy's FAQ they should have Center info stamped on the floor and a date on the body.

My quetion is are these the real deal or did I get taken (bought 4).
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
There should be a cage code stanped on the mag body. That number should match the cage code for center that was on the bag.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there and purchased a few of the mags. They were stamped with Center Ind. on the side of the mag body and have an LEO marking on the other side of the body. The floor plates do not have any stamping on them at all. The date code on the wrapper is November 2003. It was very hard to read the mag body inside the wrapper but there were markings on them, just not on the floor plates. They are 100% USGI 30 round magazines, and  a very good buy I think. Standard Center Ind. quality magazines.

Troy  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have seen these too. I just picked up 6 in a trade, then later that same day, I had another guy offer me some more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#4]
New Centers have unmarked floorplates. They are marked Center Industries Corp. Witchita Kansas on one side and have Restricted LEO, Govt use and the cage code 6P199 and date of maufacture on the other side. They are good mags and $10 is a good gun show price. Centers do tend to be hit or miss as far as as being in spec and dropping free though. I have a several. Some drop free, some don't. They were all bought brand new. I now stick with D&H.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top