Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2006 1:16:39 PM EDT
I just picked up a box of 50 or so misc mags all 30 round from a friend who no longer wanted them.  There are 10 Orlites and 10 Thermolds the rest are all Aluminum my question is some are still in the plastic and the rest are used some well used some 8 of them were still full of 55 grain from about 10 years ago.  I want to put new followers in the good ones worthy of rebuild and new springs also.  What should I get and where should I get it there are just to many choices.  I also would like to pick up abunch of new mags but I'm not sure what to look for or where for that matter.  Its nice nowdays you have a butt load of choices back in the day we used what we could pickup
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never  replaced springs but I hear Wolff makes good ones.

The best followers I have put in my mags are Gen 1 Magpul. They just came out with generation 2 not too long ago.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=211468
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any place to get "regular" USGI springs in quantity ?

Wolff springs seem nice and all, but they are expensive for those of us that don't need super power & extreme reliability.

So does anyone know who supplies the USGI mag companies with their springs ?  Those are the ones that I am looking for... just standard springs to replace the worn springs that I have.

Anyone got a source for these kind of "brand new" springs ?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 I would also be interested in a source for 20rd springs at a reasonable price.
For the price of some of these springs you can get new 30rd mags.
TIA for info
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
End of next week C Products, LLC web site will be open to the public. 20 and 30 round magazine springs in stainless steel as well as chrome silcon can be found there. You won't have to get a second mortgage to buy them!

www.cproductsllc.com

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is there any place to get "regular" USGI springs in quantity ?

Wolff springs seem nice and all, but they are expensive for those of us that don't need super power & extreme reliability.

So does anyone know who supplies the USGI mag companies with their springs ?  Those are the ones that I am looking for... just standard springs to replace the worn springs that I have.

Anyone got a source for these kind of "brand new" springs ?

Migradog has a pretty good deal on the springs:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=292128

504PIR has green followers:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=246891
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just picked up a box of 50 or so misc mags all 30 round from a friend who no longer wanted them.  There are 10 Orlites and 10 Thermolds the rest are all Aluminum my question is some are still in the plastic and the rest are used some well used some 8 of them were still full of 55 grain from about 10 years ago.  I want to put new followers in the good ones worthy of rebuild and new springs also.  What should I get and where should I get it there are just to many choices.  I also would like to pick up abunch of new mags but I'm not sure what to look for or where for that matter.  Its nice nowdays you have a butt load of choices back in the day we used what we could pickup
Thanks,
Mike

Even if they were left loaded, you might not need to change out the springs unless they were heavily used.  I would run them before replacing springs.  I would change out to green followers though, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]
tapco.com has a 5 pack of springs and greenies for 10.00 ---
May be in your price range.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top