Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:50:28 PM EDT
Are the Magpul Ranger plates or Lumpy plates or slip on loops worth getting, I would like to get the gray followers, but wanted to hear what anyone has to say.   I only have 10, 30 round D&H mags to mess with.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion, Magpul improved gen 2 grey followers, Ranger and L plates are worth getting because they really improve the function and handling of the mags.

I have mostly the older tan Magpul followers and have no problems with them in my D&H mags.

I plan to get more new grey followers as soon as I could to replace my green followers in about 15 of my D&H mags.

I'm also replacing my mag springs to Wolff extra power springs and adding Ranger plates when I replace my followers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
All 32 of my 30rd mags have gray followers and half of them have either Ranger plates or Lumpy plates. Look at it this way. You will have premium mags without having to pay the $50 each if you were to buy HK mags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Whether they are worth getting or not is up to you.  Perhaps the better question would be if they work, and the answer is yes.

If you are a once a quarter shooter who goes to a range and fires a hundred rounds, its doubtful the differences will mean anything.  If you carry a weapon for a living, or do serious training, the differences are apparent.  

This is a topic which comes up all the time.  Around now is when someone will post that they have never had any feed problems or tilt issues with their magazines.  I'll answer that ahead of time by saying that is wonderful, but it doesn't change that it still happens to other people.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
a little of topic and I apologize for the hijack

I don't know if I am just making this up or if I remember Magpul saying that they were going to be making their own mags, any one know anything about this?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
So are the Ranger plates liked better than the Lumpy plates?    

What is a good price for the Ranger plates?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked with a security condtractor today in the store who wanted some of the Magpuls that slip over the mag instead of Ranger plates. He went on to tell me that he went to pull a mag and then he began making the motion (as if reenacting it) of pulling the mag from behind his back. He said the entire Ranger plate came off and the and the loop broke too. and all of his rounds came out!?

Sounded weird but I didn't question him. Don't flame me on this just sharing a little bit of info. If it really happened or not or user error was to blame non of us will never know for sure.

PS sorry for the spelling/grammer.....but it's been a long day
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top