Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2005 5:19:53 PM EDT
    Well...here is a question I've had on my mind. Might sound strange but I have wondered about the possibility of and the wisdom of, BURYING some ammo at a family member's farm that I get to several times a year. In the barn to be exact. Why? Because it is 600 miles from my house and it is a planned rallying point for family in event of a disaster (whatever form it might occur in). Getting there is another story. Yes the idea of loaded ammo cans in a closet has occured but the house there is not constantly occupied (no I shant reveal the address). I even think about burying the rifle. Is this a possibility? What damage might occur? How can I protect both from Nature's corrosive effects?
    Kindness and suggestions appreciated....Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
OPPPS...meant to post this in Ammunition but was in Magazines reading/learning when I got to thinking about my idea.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Build a bunker?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Food Saver (vacuum packing) -

Complete bandoleer that has been stored for about 3 years. It is the way I store the majority of my ammo.

Ammo can -

I have had this ammo stored for about 8 years. When I bought the ammo can, it was rust free. Notice the ammo inside is in good shape.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you "copyright" everyone of your photos?  It is just a couple pictures of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Because it is fun.........

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
hey 20, I see the rust. I dont want to get too techincal but where did you store it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]

This is my backyard.  The ammo was stored in the Garage.  The temp is never over 90 and never under 60.  The humidity is always around 90%.  You got to love Hawaii.

The pictures were taken on the Windward side of the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
That is your backyard? HOLY F_CK!!!! I'm feeling dizzy!! That my friend looks like heaven on earth!!! Got anymore pics? for some wallpaper?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I was in Hawaii this past summer.  That place is AMAZING!  It truely is paradise.  What freaked me out is the plane ride over all that ocean and BAM!  A beautiful island in the middle of it.  But you'd better have some coins in your pocket because it is expensive.

-X
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
5, 30cal cans fit very neatly inside a 20mm can, in case you were wondering, I'm sure 2, 50cal and 1, 30cal would work also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all for your time and answers.......
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top