Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:01:09 PM EDT
I am sure that this question or topic has been mulled over more than a few times, but I did search for it and came up with nothing.  

Will a magpul anti-tilt follower work in a 20 rd. magazine?  How about a Magpul ranger plate?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ranger plates works fine on 20's.

Anti-Tilt follower WON'T FIT.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm...How did I get one in mine then?

I'm not taking a poke at you, I just had a 20 rounder and a spare tan follower, so I put it in there. And it works like all the ones in my 30 rounders do.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, just installed 6 of the followers in 20round mags. Friday eve, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I agree, just installed 6 of the followers in 20round mags. Friday eve, no problems at all.

Which 20rd. mags? Original design Colt/UI or one of the newer versions released after the end of the ban?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is a bushmaster 20rd that I think came with a LEO m4gery during the ban. Don't know if that matters...

Now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to differentiate:

in the CURVED 20 rounders the Magpul follower fits "just as is"?

in the STRAIGHT ( old and NHMTG ) 20 rounders the follower has to be shortened? Front or rear or both? HOW MUCH SHORTENED? No instructions reg 20 rounders with my Magpul follower package ...

Thanks, H
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I modified 1 to try in a Colt mag.
I ground it down to the same length in the rear as a factory follower about 5/8in. and the front to slightly longer than factory length about 1/4 in. with a slight taper on the lower corners so you can roll it in under the floorplate retainer (the little spring steel part that goes in the slot on the floorplate on a straight 20) and get it lined up on the ribs of the mag.
It works and is a PIA to get in there.
INMO after all done in a straight 20 you are just as well off with alloy followers or green ones in a straight 20rd. mag.
I found the rear to be critical if long it will bottom out early and not let 20 rds in or make it hard to seat mag in gun when full, not allowing smooth feeding as the rds are jammed tight between follower/floorplate and bolt. So 1/2in. on the rear leg of the follower will giv that little extra clearance needed.YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
We offer the 20 round mag with the magpul follower.

Creative Products, LLC
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We offer the 20 round mag with the magpul follower.

Creative Products, LLC

Can't find you anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
www.cproductsllc.com
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top