Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 11:39:37 AM EDT
I have the chance to pick one up cheap. Any experience with them, good or bad?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one on my Colt carbine for at least fifteen years. Speeds up mag changes for me and it's nice to have another 20-40rd mag on the gun.
YMMV,
Clint
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Best way of keeping a spare mag on the gun IMHO. Fast, and protects the spare (unlike strapping two mags together). Only downside is that it adds weight. I have one on my 3-gun rifle, but for SHTF I prefer a lighter weight rifle.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and I like it but I haven't had much time with it to make any recommendations. They seem to be a love-hate type of thing but having a spare mag on the weapon makes a lot of sense. However, they do require some practice so at the very least you should commit to spending a decent amount of time with it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been using one for the past four months and grown to love it. No question in my mind that it's the fastest reload under the sun. Like M4arc stated it does have a learning curve. It's not a simple bolt on product; it requires practice using it to be proficient. The weight of an extra mag has not bother me in the least.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top