Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:16:36 AM EDT

Help remind me what color the Loctite brand of moly spray ends up being.

I tried the CRC brand spray on some mags last year and they were grayish od green.

I have a few 20rdrs coming that will need refinishing.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Depsnds on what you're after. I don't believe that "Loktight Moly" is a Mil Spec. Coating. "Perma-Slik G" definately is, and it is consisten, application after application.

Tack  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Last year several threads were going on at the same time about all the different finishes for mags.

Several ppl (including myself) tried what was available from Grainger supply.

CRC--I used this--gives a grayish/od green color
Loctite--gives a darker gray or black finish

Both are dry film moly sprays--near mil-spec if not right on

I got my mags--will give report when I refinish them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at a little over a 1,000 reloads (done via dryfire drills) through a magazine that Aahhyes68 refinished using Locktite Dry Moly lube.

He hasa some great pictures and a good description of what and how he did things.
Aahhyes68  Magazine Refinishing with Loctite Moly

I can take some pictures a little later on today if there is an interest in seeing longevity and wear.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick--do post please

I just finished my mags last nite.  Had a little smoke party while baking them at 500*.
Will post my refinishing soon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Its at 1750 right now, and the wear pattern hasn't changed all the much in the last 500 or so drills.  I'll get some pictures for you.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top