Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:58:55 PM EDT
I've got a 20 round that needs fixing.  If I can't fix it, I'll toss it.

Give me your opinions on what to do.  Please vote on your favorite, I'll keep track.

Symptom: Magazine is an Colt 20rnd with green follower.  19 rounds feed fine.  After firing the 19th round, the bolt locks back, the 20th round pops out of the top of the magazine and rolls around in the receiver.  Dropping the bolt will usually chamber the round.  Tilting the gun toward the ejection port makes the round fall out.  None of my other magazines do this.

Options:

1. New follower.
2. New spring.
3. Clip off some spring (weaken it)
4. Bend lips inward.
5. Other - your choice.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
dissasemble a 20 rd mag that works and put it's follower in your broken mag and see if that fixes it.  If it does get a new follower.

If it doesn't, put the spring from good mag into the bad mag and see if it fixes it, if it does get a new spring

If not compare the lips between the 2 mags and bend the bad mag's lips so they look like the good mag's lips

That's what I would do
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Try a new spring and follower. If that doesnt work your feed lips are probably outta spec
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top