Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2005 10:53:20 AM EDT
I am really overwhelemed and confused by all the magazine and mag parts choice and conflicting reports and well this company made bad one but now they make good ones or vice versa.

I have tried the search feature in the past, I have read numerous threads, and still I am confused.

I want  a high quality AR15 magazine that I can absolutely depend on with my life. I live in Alaska, in the Mats-Su valley, outside of any city limits, there are no police around, and it would take a minimum of a 45 minutes just to get out there and that is if the ONE trooper on duty at times wasn't doing anything else at the moment. I use an AR15 for home defense and as a PRIMARY defensive weapon for people. So, it MUST work and I don't want to have to wonder or doubt about it.

Also, I don't own very many mags, but the ones that I do have get used over and over and over, so that is an issue to.

I am not willing to buy the HK mags, first of all because I have a burr up my ass with HK and secondly because they are too dammed expensive.

The mag in question should be aluminum or steel. It should be BETTER than USGI quality and have BETTER than USGI springs and followers. A USGI body is quite fine though.

Also, I am told that some mags, by manufacturer or distributor edict are being sold only to LEO or military, Brownells was mentioned as doing this in another thread, what is that about? I thought we put that kind of BS behind us.

With all of that in mind, please give a straight forward simple guide to what is out there, again, exempting HK.

For example, as I understand from another thread there is a company called Creative Products that is supposed to have a mag that is Sierra Hotel. But, it isn't even out yet and I don;t know when it will be. What are the details on this one. Brownells also has some mags with better than USGI springs and really good bodies, but they are using standard USGI followers right? Also, apprently, the Brownells mags are made by Creative Products but are not the same mag as the new ones that Creative Products is yet to introduce, see, I told you I was confused. Does anyone know if Brownells will carry the new uber mags from Creative Products?

I am also very interested in other options as well.

BTW, I don't get on the net so often but I check my e-mail like religion, so I will subscribe to this thread, but my point is I don;t know much about the various vendors on the net and even less about those not on the net (as in nothing in that case).

Oh, and there aren't any good local options, I already checked (this is where I got all my USGI mags from, locally).

Tsh77769
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
DSG ARMS

Rusty sponsors this board and also sells a variety of magazines.  I would consider these a "premium" magazine.  He also sells various combo's so you can get them how you like them.  Plus he has quick shipping as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DSG ARMS

Rusty sponsors this board and also sells a variety of magazines.  I would consider these a "premium" magazine.  He also sells various combo's so you can get them how you like them.  Plus he has quick shipping as well.

+1

I have over 80 USGI magazines, and every one of them works in my weapons. You're right...you want a USGI body. You also want a new spring (really doesn't matter whose) and a Magpul enhanced follower. You can get these new from rusty for around $14.00 each depending on quantity ordered. They are made by DH industries (they use/ bought the original LaBelle Military contract machinery, and are 100% USGI Spec.) Rusty will upgrade the mag with the Magpul Enhanced Follower if you wish, or you can install it, or you can stick with the "Green Follower" they come with.

If you want to take it to the next level...(Highly recommended) Get the DH Industries "Teflon" coated Mag with the Magpul Follower and Magpul Ranger Plates installed. Absolutely as reliable as anything out there, including the HK IMHO.

Tack
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top