Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:40:40 PM EDT
When I was in the CTD store the other day I noticed some 20 round Bushmaster mags. They were new, and priced at $26.95.
Why so much, or is that normal for 20 round mags? I have noticed the 20rd mags cost more than the 30rd mags. Someone at CTD said it was because the military uses 30rd mags so there are more of them.
I saw some 20rd and 30rd mags on Brownell's site for much less. Even CTD has 30rd mags for $15.95.
Who makes the Bushmaster mags and are they worth the extra money?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When I was in the CTD store the other day I noticed some 20 round Bushmaster mags. They were new, and priced at $26.95.
Why so much, or is that normal for 20 round mags? I have noticed the 20rd mags cost more than the 30rd mags. Someone at CTD said it was because the military uses 30rd mags so there are more of them.
I saw some 20rd and 30rd mags on Brownell's site for much less. Even CTD has 30rd mags for $15.95.
Who makes the Bushmaster mags and are they worth the extra money?
Jim

Because they are marked BFI. D&H industries makes the mags for Bushmaster and they can be had for $10-15 elsewhere

Here are some Black teflon D&H 20rd mags for $13.50  dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=588
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I get dealer prices because of my C&RFFL, but I have to pay shipping.
At the CTD storefront I have to pay tax so it is almost the same. Unless I am buying several it's just easier to buy in person.
I had bought a couple of used Colt mags for $15.00 each but know nothing about the other name brand mags. Thanks!
Jim
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy USGI mags with alloy followers for $10ea + shipping.

I got 5 from JOMX2 in the EE, they have some finish wear but seem to be in otherwise great shape.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top