Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:43:18 PM EDT
I got some black Teflon D&H 30 rounders stamped 7/05 with DSG floor plates a few weeks ago and all of these are identical. Today I got some more from the same place but these were 8/05 and there is a big difference in the finish . Also, the DSG floor plate stampings are reversed between the 7/05 and 8/05 mags. The ones made in July are a really dark black and slick as hell but have more of a bead blast like finish. These new ones made in August have a reflective satin / gloss black finish that shows the surface imperfections. I really like the July mags better and I'm wondering if I didn't get black T mags and which are not black T, or if they changed the finish. The July mags aren't reflective and match my Mega receiver / Samson rails perfectly.

The one on top is the new shiney mag.

The links don't work when "hot"...you have to copy / paste.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/129-213-143618.jpg

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/129-213-143619.jpg
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They both look teflon coated to me.  I wouldn't worry about it, they are just mags.  The finish is going to differ some from batch to batch.  If they work, go with it.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Would not worry too much about that.  They should be used enough to wear off the finish anyways
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If that's all it is then no problem, but I wanted to make sure. Would prefer the other finish but if this is the current lot, no biggie.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I got some 20's like you described and I personally HATE the finish on them.  But they are just mags I guess.  As long as they work and look decent, I'll live with them.  

-X
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
lol that's nothing.  you should see my "pre-ban" DPMS 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
These aren't 11+ year old cheapie mags...they are new D&H's. There's nothing wrong with them but one batch looks satin finished under the black T and the other looks bead blasted which hides blemishes and takes the black a lot better. This probably isn't the case but that's exactly what it looks like. Weird.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I have NIW Labelle teflon mags with dates marked 1991 and 1992.  The color differs among the two batches.  While one batch is darker, the other is considerably lighter.  I seriously doubt it'll affect functionality.  It's just how the coating was mixed at the time they were coated.  I'm not worried.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top