Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:02:43 PM EDT
Noticed that DPMS has a new 45 round mag for sale. Anybody have a chance to try these out yet? Thought maybe they were nice enough to let one of the forum guys try one, etc.

Was wondering if it might be as good as some of the old 40 round mags, but kinda suspicious since they are two 30s welded together. Thought they might have higher quality welds than some of the less reputable vendors use. And maybe they are custom manufacturing the mag spring as well, instead of using some rigged up nonsense like joining two springs together. If they have rough welds or two piece springs I sure wouldn't want them.

But I am pretty suspicious, because the only larger capacity mags (over 30)  that I've gotten to work somewhat well were  40 rounders. I would think you wouldn't want to load more than 40 in them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
THANKS! for the info on these.

For shooting the AR-15 in competition, this could provide a huge competitive advantage. If you don't shoot competitvely, it would not make sense to you. However, everybody has seen the 34 round stages designed to force a reload for most shooters (who almost always shoot Minor w/ an AR-15 platform) & we have always hated that one guy who managed to find one of the ultra-rare Sterling 40 rounders that were supposed to be reliable (dunno - never could find one for sale).  I even tried the ultra-crap USA brand 40s & came up with ONE the mostly works (hey, its only a game right?).

If these DPMS 45s work, I am there.

BTW, the various drums/ Beta C mags are way heavy for cometitve use - at least in my book. Yeah, I saw that photo of Miculek using one but I am no Miculek (who is?).

Will be calling DPMS to order.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
They're $90.

They can keep them for that price.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I wrote: "Will be calling DPMS to order"

belay that. You are correct sir! That cost is a bit on the high side - particularly since the website states that they are made out of two cut up mags stuck together (does not sound like a recipe for reliability). Anyone have a Sterling 40 rounder for sale? I'll give you a USA 40 in trade?

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top