Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2005 4:05:20 PM EDT
Other than price, is there any advantage to getting current production 30 rnd magazines instead of older ones.  If a Pre-Ban NIW Okay and a New OKay were on a table side by side for the same price, and you only had enough money to get one, which would you take?  Leaving the green follower out of the equation.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly the same with the the minor exception that the older pre ban era Okays seem to have a more uniform gray finish.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Since they're both new, I'd flip a coin.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
the newer one?

but then again if you were in a still banned state the pre-bans would be worth more
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The newer one.

Teflon coating is fancier, and my rifle doesn't seem to want to drop magazines with the older, dry film finish.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd ask a liberal which one pisses them off more and spree on whichever they dictate to be more evil.

Quoted:
The newer one.

Teflon coating is fancier, and my rifle doesn't seem to want to drop magazines with the older, dry film finish.

OKay is dry moly new and old.  To elaborate, Dry moly is mil-spec which means the military is fielding it.  Teflon, AFAIK, has never been adopted by the military but is what I would refer to as "Civilian" or "commercial".  You're comparing older Labelle mags to new production D&H.  If my memory serves me correct even further, Labelle had a military contract but the magazine were dry moly as spec'd and not of the teflon sort.

If we're talking Mil-Spec, Dry Moly is the cream of the crop.  If we're talking commercial- Teflon is the cream of the crop.  (Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)  Some consider Teflon far superior to Dry Moly coat... Personally I just can't help but view them as "commercial" mags due to the finish.  While they are nice, I've seen too many older Bushmaster mags and newer D&H mags busted at the welds for my taste.  [Note, I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest but if you compare Labelle/Bushmaster/D&H welds to other magazines such as Colt/OKay the Labelle/Bushmaster/D&H welds seem too shallow and spread out.  As a former welder, I'll just say that they do not seem to have the proper penetration.]

Sly
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top