BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2005 12:50:04 AM EDT
That's what I'd like to know!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using Wolff for my 1911 Mags, and AR mags as well as "other" springs in both weapon systems for 20+ years. I give them a "10".

However, I have not used any other types or brands other than the stock springs that come in the AR15 mag rebuild kits that include the Green Follower and standard base plate from DPMS.

Tack
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have Wolff springs in my pistol mags.  Good springs!

I have the original springs in many of my USGI M16 mags, and chrome-silicon springs in some.  I got these from CMMGinc.com, and they are excellent.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with Wolff
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay I looked at their website and the only thing it says about their spring materials is that they are "music wire"...

Anyone know anything more than that?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i have used wolff extra power springs in all of my mags that have been rebuilt and they work great
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I use ISMI spings in all my IPSC guns, has anybody tried them in the AR's
www.ismi-gunsprings.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I use ISMI spings in all my IPSC guns, has anybody tried them in the AR's
www.ismi-gunsprings.com/

I have not, but they also come highly recommended by those who have used them. I think they're a little more expensive than Wolff's if I remember correctly. I know their 1911 Mag Springs are.

Tack
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top