Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:28:49 PM EDT
I just bought my first AR, a RRA varmint. I use it from a bench i built on my deck fo the most part. Im having a problem with the 30 rd mags hiting the tabletop in my normal shooting position. I figured id just grab some 20 rd mags, but i can't find any black teflon coated ones anywhere. Do they even exist? I hate the look of a grey mag in a black rifle.

If they dont exist, what about buying some used ones and having them stripped and annodized with a dusted finish? Is the lubricity of the teflon really neccessary to good functioning?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
DSG has them for $13.50 ea  and $15.95 at CMMG

Jim
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha, thank you, i must really suck at google, ive been searching for those for 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just bought my first AR, a RRA varmint. I use it from a bench i built on my deck fo the most part. Im having a problem with the 30 rd mags hiting the tabletop in my normal shooting position. I figured id just grab some 20 rd mags, but i can't find any black teflon coated ones anywhere. Do they even exist? I hate the look of a grey mag in a black rifle.

If they dont exist, what about buying some used ones and having them stripped and annodized with a dusted finish? Is the lubricity of the teflon really neccessary to good functioning?

No, not at all.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Here they are from DSG arms

and DPMS
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased 10 of the black teflon curved 20s from DSG.  They were on sale for around $11.50/per.  They're no better or worse than any other USGI 20 in my inventory.  FWIW, the cartridge OAL is a bit more restricted in these mags.  But so far all factory loads I've tried fit, however snug.

I ran the snot out of all 10 mags a couple weeks ago, no complaints.  But I wouldn't pay more for the teflon.

Sam
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top