Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:54:33 AM EDT
Hey all...

I know the Magpul followers increase reliability of the mags tenfold. I also realize the concept of Wolff and other high power springs (SAW?) on keeping the green followers aligned in the mag. Is anybody using the magpul followers with increased power springs. also? Is it worth the money (which isn't alot in the first place) to upgrade the springs also, I already have 3 D&H Teflons with magpul followrs and ranger plates.

-- O. Jeremy Miles
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
im using magpul followers with wolf springs
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
do you think it was worth it? or not really if you have the magpul followers?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
do you think it was worth it? or not really if you have the magpul followers?

I've actually started looking into this very recently also because I like to store my mags fully loaded and I know that  factory mag springs really aren't up to the task so I figured I would change them and since the majority of  my mags still have BLACK followers, I'll change them too while I'm in there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Running Magpul followers with both Wolff springs and SAW red springs with extreme reliability.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Running Magpul followers with both Wolff springs and SAW red springs with extreme reliability.

Lumpy196,

There was a post a few months back where you recommended using these style mag holders:

with an extra layer or two of 100mph for good measure.  I tried them for a carbine course and they were slick.

Do you use the above mag holder, Magpul followers and Wolff or SAW springs for all your mag set-ups?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top