Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 12:18:45 PM EDT
Subject says it all.  I have a guy how might trade me some these for 3 10 round  Sig P226 mags.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
depends on how many he is giving you for them.

imo around $7 each value.

they are great mags very solid
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can you get them for $7
Shit even under $10 for that matter?

Seriously I want some........
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where can you get them for $7
Shit even under $10 for that matter?

Seriously I want some........

at the past funshows they were going for around $7-8  i picked up quite a few for later use
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies y'all

So would you guys feel comfortable going to battle with a few of these in your kit?

What makes them less desirable than other mags?  The fact that they're steel?  

What sort of followers do they use?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
i have magpul "pink" followers in mine and they work great.

imo these are not less desirable than the usgi other than weight and that they are made of steel which is prone to rusting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Subject says it all.  I have a guy how might trade me some these for 3 10 round  Sig P226 mags.  Thanks guys.

In my limited testing my SA80 mags worked w/o any troubles, both w/ the original and USGI Green followers.  I will say the followers ran a little rough up/down when new.  I believe from the coating on the inside of the mag.  I used a wooden ruler to push the follower down ~25-50 times( I can't remember exactly) just until things smoothed out.  Never had any failures.  I haven't used them in a while.  
If the trade worked out to less then $8-10 per mag, then I would say it would be fair.

FB
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So would you guys feel comfortable going to battle with a few of these in your kit?

i would feel comfortable w/ em, but if you pack 10-12 in a vest, you will notice the weight increase over the aluminum USGIs

the weight of the steel as well as thier prone to rust

they have black followers, but you can change em out
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I put green followers in them.  I don't notice any difference in reliability between them and USGI.  They are a bit heavier.  I bought them during the AWB when they came into the country.  If you can get a good deal on your trade then get them.  You will not be disappointed.  In some of the mags the top portion of the mag catch hole may need to be filed slightly to have them seat correctly.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top