Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2005 12:39:35 PM EDT
I have some green 30 round followers laying around but I am not sure if they would work, what about Magpul?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
iirc the "legs" are too long
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I was under the impression that the original alloy followers were the best for USGI 20s.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that the original alloy followers were the best for USGI 20s.

IMO they would
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The ones that come in them work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Just FYI, the 20rd mag rebuild kits sold by Quality Parts/Bushmaster contain a green follower that has had the legs sawed off.  Looks like they did it with a dremel tool...

Not knowing any better, a few years ago I replaced the allow follower with a regular 30rd green follower.  I think the max capacity of the magazine was sixteen rounds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It depends what kind of 20 rounders you have. The 30 round followers (both the green GI kind and the much-better Magpul anti-tilt kind) will work without modification in the curved 20 round mags like the ones Bushmaster sells.

The 30 round followers will not work in the straight 20 round mags. like the original Colt ones. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The ones that come in them work just fine.

+1 and also since they're straight body no need for "anti-tilt" anything...
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top