Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:34:00 AM EDT
Anyone ever used this stuff for refinishing mags?

I’m an aircraft mechanic and picked up two 12 oz cans of this DFL from my previous employer. DFL is used in aviation to lube turbine fan blades during installation. I did a Google search but came up with little info.

The can says: TIOLUBE 70
  MIL-L-23398
  MIL-L-46147
  NATO CODE S-749

After a Google search on Sandstrom 27A, and coming up with MIL Spec numbers, it seems I have another mfgrs equivalent to Sandstrom 27A!

I did one of my Colt 20 rounders with it, it’s out in the shop drying. It looks pretty good! I’ll try and get some pics up shortly.

I’m using an Oly Plinker lower receiver on my sons .22 AR with M261 conversion kit. If I paint the Oly Plinker lower with the TIOLUBE 70 would I get a closer match to his Colt upper receiver?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top