Slide off floor plate

Remove spring, follower and Spring floor plate from body of mag

Lightly lube spring

clean inside of body out

re-assemble

THERE! All done
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
None of my Thermolds have a button on the bottom - there's a hole, but no button...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmm

Perhaps the button is very recessed in the hole, If not I dont know what to say man
you usually have to depress the Spring Floorplate to slide the bottom off
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What he told you for was the ORLITES.... they have a hole in the bottomplate, press it in, slide bottom over, spring comes down.

For THERMOLDS, there is a button on the front edge of the mag, about an inch up.  It is a slot, push it in and hinge the bottom out as it has a tongue in the back. Clear the bottom plate from the magazine, then pull the spring out.

No Expert

EDITED for spelling
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet, that worked!

I had a magazine that came with a rifle that I bought from New Jersey.

It had something rattling around in it, and I couldn't figure out what it was.

Got it open, and it turns out that someone stuck a ballpoint pen into the magazine to prevent it from being fully loaded, i.e. 10rd magazine ban in New Jersey, perhaps?

THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Great glad to hear it!  I actually got to solve someone's problem before one of the long-term resident experts here.... I feel almost knowledgable.

Actually the night before you asked, I had been working on my orlites and thermolds.

Funny about the pen.... the things people do.

No Expert
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What he told you for was the ORLITES.... they have a hole in the bottomplate, press it in, slide bottom over, spring comes down.

For THERMOLDS, there is a button on the front edge of the mag, about an inch up.  It is a slot, push it in and hinge the bottom out as it has a tongue in the back. Clear the bottom plate from the magazine, then pull the spring out.

No Expert

EDITED for spelling

Actually I was talking about the mags I bought at a Gunshow, thought they were Thermolds (they WERE NOT Orlites). Basically I've been had, the ones I bought were Pro Mags I think. The Vendor saw me coming and he had 'em labeled as Thermolds but they come apart like Orlites

Made a CHUMP outta me
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top