Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:10:32 PM EDT
I found these two magazines at a gun show today that said they were for the Air Force .22 practice kits.  I assumed that they were for the M261 kits (bought one from a member here a while back).  When I got home I tried them in my rifle and they didn't work.

http://crarick.myftp.org/mag.jpg

Does anybody know what these mags are for?  I bought two of them for $13.00 a piece.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
What you have is the magazine for the Air force 22lr conversion unit. Seems like you got them for a good price and they are the white ones which I believe are the newer mags. The Air Force unit is not compatible with either the M261 unit or a Ciener. I like the Air Force unit and the mags can hold the bolt open after the last round the only problem is the mags only hold 10 rounds. The Air Force unit is not easy to find but they do show up from time to time. Like the M261 unit, the Air Force unit is built like a tank.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I was under the impression that the M261 kit was the Air Force kit.  (which is why I bought these mags)  I'm getting a little confused.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  I was under the impression that the M261 kit was the Air Force kit.  (which is why I bought these mags)  I'm getting a little confused.  

If you've never seen them before it can be a little confusing. I figured I'd show them both to you so you would know one from the other.

The upper unit is the Air Force unit -- notice it has a gas tube fitting on top like regular AR/M16 bolt carriers. Of course the M261 unit is the lower one.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top