Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:29:51 PM EDT
Does anyone know how much Uncle Sam pays for a 30 rd mag?
They can’t cost more than a dollar to make.
Also how much did they cost before the ban? I thought they could be had for under $10. I am waiting for prices to go down before I really stock up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The same time demand goes down....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Also how much did they cost before the ban? I thought they could be had for under $10. I am waiting for prices to go down before I really stock up.

Before the end of the ban, new (but old) Colt 30 rd mags, new in the wrapper, were selling for $30-50 each. Any NIW USGI mags were bringing $25 and up.

You can now buy brand new USGI mags for about $13 each.

I'd say they've come down already. You might get them cheaper in bulk.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Breaking News

Dude you are in the good old days right now.

Wake up and start buying mags.  The AWB went away and the dollar has lost value, they are cheaper now than they were then.

I just bought 8 NIW La Belle, Parsons and OK mags for $96.00 ($12.00 each) at a gunshow of all places.  

We will be looking back on these days 10 years from now and say man did we have it good then.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
When the years 1994-2004 slip from our collective memory...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Breaking News

Wake up and start buying mags.  The AWB went away and the dollar has lost value, they are cheaper now than they were then.

I just bought 8 NIW La Belle, Parsons and OK mags for $96.00 ($12.00 each) at a gunshow of all places.  

We will be looking back on these days 10 years from now and say man did we have it good then.

Seen D&H black teflon mags on EE $12 in qty, mags are geting cheaper.  Glock hi cap mags I've seen for $16.95 and 33 rd Glock 18 mags as low as $26.95.  

You're right these are the good ol days.   Since the AWB expiration I've bought:

1 beta C mag
20 hi cap glock mags
21 D&H and GI AR15 mags
10 Colt 9mm mags

Future purchases will be on hi cap pistol mags: factory Sig 226, Beretta 92 mags

Mags I wish I bought a lot more of when they were dirt cheap pre 1994 AWB:
- Norinco 30 rd black steel mags, only snagged 12 extras
- Norinco 30 rd Bake light mags, only snagged 12 of those too
- Norinco 75 rd drums, only got 3 of them

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am waiting for prices to go down before I really stock up.

Just make sure you do it legally. Md has a law that prevents you from legally buying mags in state or having them shipped to your house. You can drive out of state, buy them, and bring them back, but it's illegal for you to mail order them (and dealers won't ship to a Md address).
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Price adjusted for time, I think mags are as cheap or cheaper than before the ban.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember when NIW USGI 30rd mags were $3 at the shows.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
In87 more days mags will be cheap!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Seriously, buy them now while you still can.  They aren't getting any cheaper.  You can buy in quantities of 100 for $11.95 each.  Stock up now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
imho they are pretty cheap right now!

d&h teflon mags going for $12 at the funshow, $11.50 for some 20rounders
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Breaking News

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before the end of the ban, new (but old) Colt 30 rd mags, new in the wrapper, were selling for $30-50 each. Any NIW USGI mags were bringing $25 and up.

You can now buy brand new USGI mags for about $13 each.

I'd say they've come down already. You might get them cheaper in bulk.

A few months before the ban ended, I was buying new D&H mags for $8 on letterhead.  The price shot up the day the ban ended.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Seriously, buy them now while you still can.  They aren't getting any cheaper.  You can buy in quantities of 100 for $11.95 each.  Stock up now.

Pssssst......Not everyone has $1,200 to drop on mags

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Any links to these cheap mags? Ammoman has labelles, but they're like $23 each...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Any links to these cheap mags? Ammoman has labelles, but they're like $23 each...

The cheapest you will be able to find are here.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=24
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pssssst......Not everyone has $1,200 to drop on mags

WIZZO

Group buy, like Mr. burrito did.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A few months before the ban ended, I was buying new D&H mags for $8 on letterhead.  The price shot up the day the ban ended.

I wonder whether that indicates that they were trying to dump LEO marked mags right before the sunset, or if it indicates some room for prices to drop from where they are now (after the rush in demand subsides).
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
IMO they are as cheap as they are going to get.  By the end of the year I hope to have as many mags as I need in my lifetime so I wont have to worry in the future about possible bans.

I am guessing that # should be around 125ish mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder whether that indicates that they were trying to dump LEO marked mags right before the sunset, or if it indicates some room for prices to drop from where they are now (after the rush in demand subsides).

I got a bunch for $8, many others sold them for $10.  I think the price went up with demand and it will probably level out somewhere around $10 once everyone quits buying them all up.  The price has been going down since the end of the AWB.  I saw them everywhere for $18-20 immediately after the ban.  Companies were selling cases in a matter of days and couldn't keep them in stock.  Now they are at $11-$13 from many different sources on the EE.

Quoted:
IMO they are as cheap as they are going to get.  By the end of the year I hope to have as many mags as I need in my lifetime so I wont have to worry in the future about possible bans.

Wow. I have about 12 30rdrs and 12 20 rdrs.  At one time I had about 45 prebans and 35 LEO mags.  I sold and traded some that I really didn't need.  What are you going to do with them all?  I might get some more eventually, if they come down to $10.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a bunch for $8, many others sold them for $10.  I think the price went up with demand and it will probably level out somewhere around $10 once everyone quits buying them all up.  The price has been going down since the end of the AWB.  I saw them everywhere for $18-20 immediately after the ban.  Companies were selling cases in a matter of days and couldn't keep them in stock.  Now they are at $11-$13 from many different sources on the EE.

Quoted:

Wow. I have about 12 30rdrs and 12 20 rdrs.  At one time I had about 45 prebans and 35 LEO mags.  I sold and traded some that I really didn't need. What are you going to do with them all?  I might get some more eventually, if they come down to $10.

What kind of question is that? What do you think I am going to do with them?  I am only 20yrs old so I have a lot of years ahead of me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#23]
there are a bunch of great deals in the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#24]
In the interest of flaming,  I had a roomate in the army in way back in 00.  He moved out and left 15, 30 round mags that some how made their way off base and into his room.  I GAVE them away.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
In the interest of flaming,  I had a roomate in the army in way back in 00.  He moved out and left 15, 30 round mags that some how made their way off base and into his room.  I GAVE them away.  

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

i smell sarcasm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The 20 rnd mags I use for Highpower literally fell off the back of a truck. We found a 5-gal. bucket full of them alongside the road on the way back from some range maintenance. Some soldier is probably still doing push-up, 15 year later, because of this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Right before the ban expired, someone posted some contract info showing a purchase of 150,000 mags for something like $8.13 per unit.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top