Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:15:20 AM EDT
Anybody making Frankenmags again, or is there something new and better on the market?  Please advise.

Thanks,
Robert
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They're about $50 a pop, though.

That's the one thing that's kept me from getting one.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just thinking out loud here, I have no personal experience with either, but I wonder if anyone has tried the PRI 6.8spc mags...

ETA:  I mention this because before the end of the ban it was discussed that a particular model of 7.62x39 AR mag would work with 6.8...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just thinking out loud here, I have no personal experience with either, but I wonder if anyone has tried the PRI 6.8spc mags...

ETA:  I mention this because before the end of the ban it was discussed that a particular model of 7.62x39 AR mag would work with 6.8...

No.
I've asked before and it came down to the fact that the 7.62x39 round had too much of a taper to it and when stacked on top of one another, formed the natural banana shape. I guess they can be reliably fed straight for the length of the magwell, but the mag has to have a curve in it and the PRI 6.8mm 25rd mags don't.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Have 2 of the DPMS frankenmags.   0 problems with approx. 600 rds. thru each mag.    Tried all the other M-16 style (less curve) 7.62x39 mags and these are the only ones that work well in my Model 1 Sales uppers.  Good product, but as WIZZO said, they are pricey.   ALLONS11
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top